Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Before first print

Posted by polkary 
Before first print
August 29, 2014 06:08AM
Hi,
I have finally finish all setup calibration etc' on my kossel mini printer.
I've never printed before so sorry for the beginner q'..
I have found several cubes & used Slic3r to convert the stl to gcode.
Each of them start to print in different location according to the map (when loading the gcode output of the Slic3r into pronterface).
In my last attempt the printer moved all the way to MAX RADIUS than stopped.. only than I've noticed that the part was about to be printed outside the bed.
So.. I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong.

How can I center the printer gcode to my 170[mm] bed?
Could someone kindly direct me to a simple test cube?
I have a heated bed (finally workingsmiling smiley should I use kapton tape on top of the bed glass or heated bed will be ok? [I'm printing with ABS]
Best regards.
Re: Before first print
August 29, 2014 09:08AM
[www.thingiverse.com]

^this is what I use.

I use Repetier, so I'm relatively unaware of pronterface setup so I'll have to leave that for someone else. I did find this:[www.printrbottalk.com]

That may help you fix the issue of the print starting off center.

Since you have a delta, check that your printer has it x max/min and y max/min setup correctly I'm the printer host (pronterface). If your bed is 140mm then it should be -70 min and +70 min. That should stop any off bed movements.

If it is your first print, try running one cube at a time, to examine how it prints and whether there are any mechanical changes that need to be made (tightening loose belts, delta radius changes, etc.).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 09:10AM by Wildcard.
Re: Before first print
August 29, 2014 02:00PM
Thank you.
I have encountered a wired issue with my heated bed it goes up to 110 than drops down so printer waits for the bed to arrive to 110 but the bed only goes down after it reaches 110...
Any ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login