Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A problem I found with my J head hot end

Posted by fbnr 
A problem I found with my J head hot end
September 13, 2014 11:14PM
This is a problem I found with my J head. The Teflon liner is too short. The filament was building up between the nozzle and the liner. I was having to turn the temp up high enough to keep the filament melted at the joint between them. The liner needs to be in contact with the nozzle so the filament can flow into it. I used the piece in the picture to make a spacer that I put between the liner and the push fitting. Now when I reassembled the hot end the liner can not move. So fare it has been working good. Hope this info will help.

photo BECEE339-6BCC-45E8-87DD-E06B84F88E84_zps8me36xgd.jpg

photo E3CEFEC6-1D43-4446-B00B-593F3651FFCD_zpszmfl5rix.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 11:58PM by fbnr.
Re: A problem I found with my J head hot end
September 14, 2014 05:58AM
Thats what you get for buying a cheap jhead clone from china...

Real jheads have 5 cooling flutes

eg

You will probably also find that heats rises to far up your jhead causing jams

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 06:02AM by Dust.
September 14, 2014 07:04AM
fbnr
This is a problem I found with my J head. The Teflon liner is too short. The filament was building up between the nozzle and the liner. I was having to turn the temp up high enough to keep the filament melted at the joint between them. The liner needs to be in contact with the nozzle so the filament can flow into it. I used the piece in the picture to make a spacer that I put between the liner and the push fitting. Now when I reassembled the hot end the liner can not move. So fare it has been working good. Hope this info will help.

photo BECEE339-6BCC-45E8-87DD-E06B84F88E84_zps8me36xgd.jpg

photo E3CEFEC6-1D43-4446-B00B-593F3651FFCD_zpszmfl5rix.jpg

I wouldn't trust it not to cause more problems down the road and would start looking for a deal on a legit J-head.

Thanks Mike
September 15, 2014 09:19AM
Is the j head not an open source design? I would be willing to give your design a try. Where can i get one?
September 15, 2014 09:36AM
Not my hot end but the link is [www.hotends.com]

Thanks Mike
September 16, 2014 02:25AM
fbnr
Is the j head not an open source design? I would be willing to give your design a try. Where can i get one?

opensource design it is yes, however the majority of the clone jhead don't actually follow the design most of them are only interested in making money and don't have any interest in getting the design right

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

September 16, 2014 10:13AM
Ok. Calling them clones is what made me think they were not open source.
September 16, 2014 04:32PM
Well, clones is a polite term to call them. Reifnyderb puts out awesome hotends, and these things that pop up from time to time are nothing more than junk. Just my opinion.
July 19, 2015 06:48PM
To follow up, I had the same prob with Aliexpress J-head hot end. But for that price, I think anyone would better off getting a hot end from Makergear. They now have also 0.25 version available.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login