Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem With Electronics!!

Posted by gnex16 
Problem With Electronics!!
October 10, 2014 12:20AM
Hey guys,
Finished my prusa i3 build some time back. Trying to get the electronics to work but so far have only managed to get the Y-axis and Z-axis to move.
The X-axis moves when i plug the motor in to the Y-axis pins on the RAMPS 1.4. Interchanged the drivers but no problems with that. Could it be a possible loose connection with the X-axis pins on the RAMPS?
If so how do i fix it?

Please advise.
Re: Problem With Electronics!!
October 10, 2014 10:46AM
Check the following 3 things :
1.- endstop switch (it might be wrongly wired and stuck triggered)
2.- cold solder, if you have a solder iron reheat all the pins.
3.- without the driver, check for voltage supply to the pins, look on the ramps diagram for them and verify correct voltage..
October 12, 2014 01:45AM
Hey thanks for the reply!!

Its not the end stop switch problem as i haven't connected any end stops as of now. Trying to get all the axes to move first.

I'm trying to figure out if it is a cold solder problem.

Also where do i find the diagram that shows the voltage to the pins. Could you please attach a copy of it. Would be really helpful!!

Regards
October 12, 2014 02:08PM
Just because you haven't connected end stops does not mean that is not the problem. M119 will tell you for sure.
October 13, 2014 08:45AM
[reprap.org] just follow the voltage from stepper diagram. Like jbernardis said, check M119 and be sure no endstops are triggered. (I can bet that is your problem )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login