Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LCD SD Printing advice/tips needed

Posted by Bking1340 
LCD SD Printing advice/tips needed
March 15, 2015 01:53PM
Good day all
Bought myself a RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller and did my 1st sd card print which were a success. BUT!

When slicing my second model and uploading the second model to my sd card via usb cable (Which takes too long - must get a sd card reader) with simplify3d, the second model don`t want to print from my sd. If I click on print on my lcd, it just goes to the main screen wich shows the model name, but will not heat my bed/extruder or do anything, I can still stop the print or do anything else on the lcd, but it will not print. If I go back to my 1st uploaded model - it heats the bed/extruder/home and print without issues.
Maybe a corrupt sd card? Will get myself a sd card reader tomorrow to format it and try again.

Do you SD card printer guys use a sd card reader or do you upload your gcode straight from your pc`s to the lcd sd card? When uploading straight from my pc it takes a while to finish.

Is there something else that must be enabled in Marlin 1.0.2 for the lcd to see my sd card as a drive in windows explorer. If I plug in my usb cable or power supply, I don`t see a drive opening in explorer or is this not possible?

Is there any other advice or tips that you guys can give me on sd card printing?

Oh - this is on a Prusa I3 with a ramps 1.4

Thanks
Re: LCD SD Printing advice/tips needed
March 15, 2015 02:10PM
The SD card socket in the controller can't be shared between the printer controller and your computer that is accessing it via USB. Either pull the USB cable or eject the SD card from your computer. You'll probably need to reboot the printer's controller board too.
March 15, 2015 04:05PM
Get a flashair sd card and upload files through your wireless. 8.3 format on file names.
March 16, 2015 09:41AM
MadMike:

I have a FlashAir card but can't figure out how to enable two way transfer. Can you point me to any documentation? I have the W-02 card.

Thanks,
Wisar
March 16, 2015 09:51AM
Just to be clear. You plug the FlashAir card into the printer and it gets an ip address and can connect to a home network?
March 16, 2015 11:50AM
It works a little different than the Eye-Fi card in that it actually creates it's own network. You can then connect to it and download files from it. I have not been able to go in the other direction though I do believe it is possible. Obviously this is what is needed for a printing scenario. Hence my question...!

Will
March 16, 2015 04:27PM
Here ya Go...

Link
March 16, 2015 06:19PM
Thanks MadMike, that is the Cats Meow. Have it in the printer now accepting files. I knew there was a reason that I bought that card. My Eye-Fi is a better camera card by a long shot but this will be great for the printer.

Cheers,
Wisar
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login