Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print Object seperate??

Posted by Badkitty 
Print Object seperate??
March 20, 2015 03:44AM
So, i see a setting in Sli3er ONLY, "Complete Individual Objects", yet it never works. Is there any way to do this in any other slicer program? I mostly use Cura 15 now, but it doesn't have that function. I want to print many objects in ABS, but the first layer keeps picking up no matter what temp i use on the bed, glue stick or even blue painters tape. If i print one single item it works just fine. I don't want to print 15 single 2hr items. I want to batch them. PLA has no problems with big batches like this.

Any further advice?
Re: Print Object seperate??
March 20, 2015 08:20PM
Well, Simplify3d has it. But don't think you wanna put some $$$ for it? .

Also printing that way is tricky, you don't want any of you axis or hotend to collide with previous printed part.

I have printed 24 parts in ABS all together and the trick to do it it's more of good leveling of the built plate and right temperatures (including surrounding area) I don't use kapton or painters tape or ABS juice, just plain glass from Lowe's and purple stick glue.

Now put your bed at 110, the hotend at 240 level your built plate once at temperature to 0.1 from nozzle (use feeler gauge not paper) slow firts layer speed to half of what regular print will be (40mm/ sec best for multiple parts) and if you have an open frame printer, grap a 200~250 watts incandescent bulb and a flexible lamp with a CERAMIC socket and point it at building area. Keep parts of same height together with no more than 5mm apart from each other.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login