Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

geeetech prusa i3 pro B z axis problem

Posted by tisaksen30 
geeetech prusa i3 pro B z axis problem
April 04, 2015 03:34AM
Hi, I have a problem with my prusa i3. After calibrating the bed and everyting else i was ready to do my test print, i loaded up the robot test print into repetier host and checked my settings for the extruder and heat bed, i hit print and it heats up, when done heating the printer moves the x y axis to the print position and at the same time lifts the z axis up about 15 mm, it sits a little while and the z axis moves down to start printing, but it only moves down about 10 mm so it starts printing to high over the bed. What am i doing wrong here? Is it just a setting or do i have to edit the firmware?
Re: geeetech prusa i3 pro B z axis problem
April 04, 2015 08:32AM
Is there anyone who can help?
April 04, 2015 02:17PM
You probably have an offset set in the slicer or in the firmware.
April 04, 2015 03:33PM
Think i figured it out, one of the end stops was broken, it didnt home untill the new one came on, now its homing and im, doing my testprint right now. Thanks for awnsering btw
April 06, 2015 10:13AM
Hey tikaksen30,

I am thinking about getting this exact printer. What do you mean the end stop was broken?
So you ordered a new one?

Thanks.
April 06, 2015 11:52AM
I think i broke it myself during assembly. No i didn't order a new one, i have many types of switches lying around, i make a lot of elecronics myself.

I will absolutly recommend that you buy this kit, it was easy to assemble, i used a total of 9 hours to build it. It had a great manual. There will be a youtube video of the assembly of this printer and a review. I will post the link to the video when its up. :-)

If you have any questoins just ask and i will try to awnser to the best of my ability. :-)
April 06, 2015 12:16PM
Awesome!

How good is the detail on the printer?

Have you tried wood filament?

and what exactly is an end stop? Sounds like it is something electronic now..

Found what an endstop switch is now....

[www.ebay.com]

LOTS to learn!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2015 12:38PM by XYZM.
April 06, 2015 01:10PM
The detail is very good for the price, and it will increase as you calibrate and adjust the printer more precisely, leveling the bed correctly, calibrating the ectruder does alot. Aldo the quality of the 3d printed parts was really good, it needed no cleanup at all

No, i havent tryed wood filament yet, but there will be a video on it when i try it.

I will recomend you do some research on 3d printers in general before you buy one, it helps to have some knolage about them before building one.

Btw, first video of the build will be up in a few days :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login