Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First layer height problem

Posted by Badkitty 
First layer height problem
April 13, 2015 03:15PM
Problem...not solved, but side-stepped kind of.

I was having a problem with repetier. I have 2 profiles, one with tape on bed non-heated and one without tape and heated bed. Quality settings in each profile ie; .2mm , .15mm , .1mm , all had corresponding first layer heights that worked great. Especially with tape adding .15mm to first layer height on each quality settings.

So all these settings work great, i've been a lot of printing, up to 13hr for the longest single print.

My problem has been happening totally at random and here it is.

Using my heated bed profile @ .2mm layer height, i have the first layer height set at .1mm. it had been working great, but every so often ( today several times in a row) repetier for some reason raises my first layer height to .3mm . I hit start print, everything heats up and as it begins to move i watch the Z axis box and see it go to .3mm every time. I'd go into settings, change the first layer height to something else, save it, close, then reopen settings and change it back, save it and close. But it still raises to .3mm which doesn't even touch the bed. I changed it to .2 and it works fine. .15mm and it worked fine. Went back to .1mm and it went to .3mm when it started.

My fix, i changed first layer height to .11mm and it starts at .11mm. But for whatever reason now, if i change it to .1mm it starts at .3mm.

i was pulling my hair out. This setting hadn't been changed in the last month..i just printed something the night before and it's fine. I rebooted pc. reloaded repetier. Nothing.

So i'm settling on .11mm not that .01mm makes a big difference. It was just stupid that it did what it did.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2015 04:54AM by Badkitty.
Re: delete post pls
April 14, 2015 02:54AM
think about others here who may have a similar issue in the future if people start deleting post because they found a solution how would this help others' we could end up answering/solving the same issue over and over.
Re: First layer height problem
April 14, 2015 04:56AM
ok updated with original post contents.
Re: First layer height problem
April 14, 2015 05:31AM
am no expert and know even less about the inner working of repetier. But am wondering if what you describing is an issue off switch debounce, on the end stops when homing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login