Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MISSING STEPS RANDOMLY

Posted by pingnagan 
MISSING STEPS RANDOMLY
April 17, 2015 03:27AM
Dear All,

I have been working on my machine, where the Y step gets missed randomly. I dont see a issue with the Mechanica. Stuff.

I did tried changed the Acceleration down till 1000, where the default was 9000.

After this, It printed a while and started a very small step, But this time Im seeing very rough movements with Low acceleration values.

I got swapped the Axis, Found the problem Shifted to the other axis. Likely the Electronics or the Stepper Driver could be the issue, is there a best way to fix them, I get 4 hours of prints proper, and suddenly there is a shift.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Pingnagan P
Re: MISSING STEPS RANDOMLY
April 17, 2015 05:24AM
Had a similar problem. It was a cooling issue. Fan the driver boards.
That sorted my problem.
April 17, 2015 05:28AM
Turn down the current on the driver for the axis that is giving the problem.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 17, 2015 06:04AM
I had tried it reducing, but it did not helped, Likely, I need a FAN or the HEAT SINK there.

I will try again.
April 17, 2015 02:46PM
Going with dc42, my first thought was the current was too high for your stepper motor driver. Ideally I think you want your potentiometer to measure between 0.4 and 0.6 volts. Any higher and you start to push the limits of what an A4988 stepper driver can handle, though I think the value can vary somewhat by manufacturer, driver, and PCB layout.

I am personally not sure how much heat sinks will help to cool the drivers, though I did add them recently after adding cooling fans to my control board. Though my heating issue was due to having my extruder set to something ridiculous like 1.15V.

If you are running into issues after a few hours, you might also check the heat coming off of your stepper motors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login