Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Misbehaving

Posted by pingnagan 
Extruder Misbehaving
April 18, 2015 03:53PM
Hello All,

Looks like some thing wierd with my Extruder Motor.

Initially, I had a successful print, But the Extruder motor was heating extremly hot. So I did turned the current for the motor by adjusting the pot. Now after adjusting the current down, I started a Print.

I see the below wierd behavious.

1) The Extruders rotates at extreme speed and the Filament is thrown out, Looks like some thing wrong with the steps.

2) I initially thought of slicing error, But the same thing happens on other old Print Models aswell.

3) It does not seems to be cut by the heat at the Hob, Looks like suddenly the Extruder Retracts and pulls the filament out. Really wierd, Im not sure why this happens.

Any help shall be much much appreciated.

Regards,

Pingnagan P
Re: Extruder Misbehaving
April 18, 2015 04:17PM
I did confirmed that, its a huge retract in between the Prints, Just by holding for few minutes, Im not sure, Why this happens.

This is not really in the Slicing or the Gcode.

Im confused with this behaviour.
April 18, 2015 11:03PM
If the motor was getting really hot you probably had the current set too high. That may have damaged the driver module. Try swapping in a different module and see if the motor operates normally.
April 19, 2015 10:36AM
I had to update that , I could get successful prints without any issue upto 8 Hrs via PC and the issue happens only through the LCD Controller.

Any suggestions for LCD and the Behaviour. Much appreciated for any help. Thanks in Advance.
April 19, 2015 11:28AM
Did you slice with Slic3r?
April 19, 2015 12:25PM
Yes, I did

But I have also tried with CURA now and the same behaviour. Like random X and Y movements in between printing quite often and resumes printing.

This is really confusing to nail down. Im not sure, whether it could be a Firmware Issue possibly to support the LCD controller.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login