Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 dual extruder x-axis offset

Posted by pingpouk 
Prusa i3 dual extruder x-axis offset
April 19, 2015 11:06AM
Hi all,

I've just upgraded(?) my Prusa i3 to dual extruders. I have it all working after a lot of effort but I can't seem to resolve the last issue.

My extruders are 40mm apart in the x-axis, that bit is set up in the firmware and works nicely with both extruders printing in the same spot.

The mid point between the two extruders moves from X=0(home) to X=205. Consequently E0(left extruder) is 20mm to the left of the bed at X=0, and E1 is 20mm to the right of the bed at X=205.

My issue is that the prints are 20mm left of centre on the bed. Is there any way to centre the prints in firmware?

I'm using a standard Ramps1.4 with Marlin firmware and other than this issue everything works fine.

Any suggestions or advice appreciated.

I have included the offset section of my Configuration.h file

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend
#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 40.0} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 0.0} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2015 11:13AM by pingpouk.

A smart man learns from his mistakes. A very smart man learns from everybody elses!
Re: Prusa i3 dual extruder x-axis offset
April 22, 2015 06:46PM
If you increase you bed size by 40mm in the X axis, it should centre OK.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login