Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Majjiska Läden ......The majic cupboard 500 x 400 x 400

Posted by adam_tigger04 
Majjiska Läden ......The majic cupboard 500 x 400 x 400
May 03, 2015 06:51PM
Hello folks.
I am very excited to start the blog for my ongoing printer.
It goes against most advice to start small and muck around with a prusa then spend more money later on the printer i wanted.
So far i have the cupboard, linear bearings and all the moving parts. The hot bits will have to wait for a.little while for financial reasons. We have just spent more than double on Vet bills than what I have spent on the printer.

The photo shows some objects sitting inside the printable area on top of my 1:1 sketch of the xy movements.

Description: I am using a 800mm wide kitchen cupboard as the frame supporting 4 vertical rails. On those rails is mounted the bed and xy carriage seen in the photo. I have the latest stepper drivers to push my 60mm nema 17s. I am not using the core xy belt arrangement but i have taken some inspiration from them.

The hot ends will be supported on something like an ultimakers frame except stiffed side rails and extra rod.

I am using rumba with support for up to three extruders. Eventually i plan to have two bowdens and a direct for flex filament.

I know its a little over the top but i plan to permanently fix it into a cupboard under my workbench behind closed doors to keep noise and smell in and temperature sort of constant and humidity out of the nylon filament.

Back to the lab.

Adam in Brisbane
Attachments:
open | download - 20150504_074727.jpg (446.8 KB)
Re: Majjiska Läden ......The majic cupboard 500 x 400 x 400
May 05, 2015 01:37PM
adam_tigger04
Hello folks.
I am very excited to start the blog for my ongoing printer.
It goes against most advice to start small and muck around with a prusa then spend more money later on the printer i wanted.
So far i have the cupboard, linear bearings and all the moving parts. The hot bits will have to wait for a.little while for financial reasons. We have just spent more than double on Vet bills than what I have spent on the printer.

The photo shows some objects sitting inside the printable area on top of my 1:1 sketch of the xy movements.

Description: I am using a 800mm wide kitchen cupboard as the frame supporting 4 vertical rails. On those rails is mounted the bed and xy carriage seen in the photo. I have the latest stepper drivers to push my 60mm nema 17s. I am not using the core xy belt arrangement but i have taken some inspiration from them.

The hot ends will be supported on something like an ultimakers frame except stiffed side rails and extra rod.

I am using rumba with support for up to three extruders. Eventually i plan to have two bowdens and a direct for flex filament.

I know its a little over the top but i plan to permanently fix it into a cupboard under my workbench behind closed doors to keep noise and smell in and temperature sort of constant and humidity out of the nylon filament.

Back to the lab.

Adam in Brisbane

Looks like a very cool project. I haven't seen one built around/within a cabinet like that before. Make sure you link to the blog so we can watch it develop.
May 27, 2015 04:40AM
Slow progress due to shift work and other commitments. Sorry about the delay guys. Nothing but 4am starts this week and long days. I will get there. Z rails mounted looking good. Sheet plastic acquired for carriage. 0urchased a pedistal drill to make construction more acurate.
May 27, 2015 04:54AM
Cupboard with rails and bike helmet for scale.
lead screws to go on both sides. X and y rails not cut yet will mount on black plastic sheets.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150527_182358.jpg (330.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login