Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have i configured this correctly ?

Posted by Nikki81 
Have i configured this correctly ?
May 04, 2015 03:06PM
I am not very good with software and am wondering if i have configured my marlin Configuration.h firmware file correctly for the following on my p3steel:

m5 z axis threaded rod

20 tooth x-y pulleys

gt2 belt

ramps 1.4

full graphic controller

no atx psu

e3d lite6 hotend

Gregs' wade geared extruder

heatedbed with 100k thermistor

Configuration.h

Thanks Nikki

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2015 03:08PM by Nikki81.
Re: Have i configured this correctly ?
May 04, 2015 04:31PM
Looks pretty good to me!

Not sure about the steps per mm for your extruder. I think it is suppose to be about 400 for Greg's, but that is 1/16 microstepping. Since they are printed parts you may need to increase it slightly becuase the diameter is usually just a little bigger than the drawings. So maybe 410 would be a good starting point. Power supply I usually just choose "#define POWER_SUPPLY 1" which is closest; don't think it matters, but just in case thought I would mention it.
May 04, 2015 04:34PM
Oh, you may need to make some adjustments bed size and endstop information once you have those. Not sure which ones you have and the placement and how big the printer is.
May 04, 2015 04:54PM
Thanks I have a standard prusa i3 size headbed I'll have a look at the extruder steps if I can find it in the file ! My head go,s code blank lol

Thanks Nikki
May 04, 2015 05:31PM
Not too hard to find just search for steps.
Yours
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,4000,500}
New
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,4000,410}

Then when you are tinkering around with end stops.
Type M119 and then click send in your tool of choice; it will show you the status of the end stops. I had to tinker with that on mine when I bought the ebay end stops.

M119
May 05, 2015 07:06AM
Thank you ive found it and changed it. Ive taken note of the gcode for the endstops with any luck if the parts turn up in the post today i should get the printer build finished by tonight.

Thanks Nikki
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login