Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Large SLA (help needed)

Posted by Tinkerhabits 
Large SLA (help needed)
May 17, 2015 01:45PM
I want to apologize in advance if these are repetitive , But I am working on a TOP DOWN SLA Printer 24"x24"x24" build area and need pointed in the right directions.

What is the board sequence to run a Galvo setup with gcode.

What Kind of Galvo scanner do I need?

Can I use a fish tank as a vat?
VDX
Re: Large SLA (help needed)
May 17, 2015 02:34PM
... with this sizes you'll need a really expensive proffessional laser+galvo-combo, as used in the comercial SLA-machines ... this is the main cost-driving part, what's pushing the price above the 100kbucks-border eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 17, 2015 03:09PM
I couldnt use one for laser light shows? I was told with the laser shark board I could get a 4096x4096 resulution and that the laser size would limit before step limits
VDX
May 17, 2015 03:16PM
... you'll need a f-theta-lens with bigger focal distance than your working area with 24" ... and a super perfect gas-UV-laser to get a fine spot in this distance ... then comercial galvos are only a pretty small fraction of the expected costs ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

May 17, 2015 03:19PM
Well Hell!!! really the Z distance isnt a concern is it , its more the X&Y? What is the largest x-y Plot I can go without getting into the expensive part ?

14" in either direction is the max i really need for my projects anyhow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 03:26PM by Tinkerhabits.
VDX
May 17, 2015 05:07PM
... for galvo-scanning the Z distance i essential when selecting the proper f-theta optics, to get the focus on a plane, fitting to the surface of the UV-resin.

Normally the Z-height is bigger than the XY length ... and the bigger/grater the working area, the higher Z and the more expensive the optics and needed laser beam quality ...

Viktor
--------

May 17, 2015 05:39PM
I think Ill take your advice after our chat, DLP scaled up seeing as i dont need below 2-300 microns
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login