Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BOM and printed parts

Posted by znvk 
BOM and printed parts
September 24, 2007 06:33AM
Looking through the BOM and parts.reprap.org, and the downloaded .stls i can't seem to find any details of how many of each part need to be printed. is this data available somewhere?
Re: BOM and printed parts
September 24, 2007 05:26PM
hey,

yes, its available, but the parts site doesnt display it as well as it should. still working out that part in my head.

go to parts.reprap.org, generate the parts list for whatever thing you want, then go to where it says 'printed parts'. click the '+' sign next to the part, and it will give you a breakdown of whats needed.

also, if you go to the about page, it will link you to the raw google spreadsheet with all the info as well.

hope this helps!
September 24, 2007 09:43PM
I was going to suggest he may have to count the parts in the picture on the front page of the wiki smiling smiley
September 25, 2007 01:49PM
well, i tried both and got different results winking smiley
September 25, 2007 04:00PM
hmm, well an audit of the printed parts stuff is definitely in order. all of the data is public, so if anyone feels like doing it and posting the results here i can make the changes. otherwise, it may be a bit before i can do that.
September 26, 2007 04:19AM
Im going thru the list atm, comparing against the .stl filenames from sourcefourge. so ill let you know what changes could be made... .
September 26, 2007 06:58AM
a few quick notes (ref. [parts.reprap.org] as of 2007-09-26 and reprap-cartesian-bot-1.0.1 files);

Bearing insert (1* '360 run' & 1 * '180 Z') and Bearing insert (2 * '360 jam' & 1 * '360 run') could be split into separate parts 'Bearing-insert-360-jam' and 'Bearing-insert-360-run'

By elimination, it looks like Bed-clamp.stl corresponds to 'bed clamp bracket'.

'Z belt splicer' corresponds to 2 stl files, 'shell 1 of Z belt splicer' and 'shell 2 of Z belt splicer'

The 'Studding tie bracket' and 'vertical hole plug' dont seem to have any corresponding stls

Im guessing that 'hex drive' is 'offset drive coupling' and 'motor holder' is offset motor holder'

and a few small renaming sugestions to match the stl files more closely

circlip -> circlip-m8
Y coupling -> Y motor coupling
X axis square jig -> X square jig
Z pulley rim -> Z toothed pulley rim
November 18, 2007 11:51PM
Zach, I wanted to check that you hadn't overlooked znxv's suggestions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login