Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newer slic3r version released....Question.[SOLVED]

Posted by 55rebel 
Newer slic3r version released....Question.[SOLVED]
June 26, 2015 05:09PM
Is there a way to update repetier-Host's version of slic3r, instead of waiting for repetier-Host to update?
....inquiring minds want to know tongue sticking out smiley

Thanks,
Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2015 02:49PM by 55rebel.
Re: Newer slic3r version released....Question.
June 26, 2015 11:32PM
Yea, there is no "ADD" slicer in Repetier. Do we need to delete the older version?
June 27, 2015 12:38AM
Why not just use them both as stand-alone?
I have slic3r and Cura installed to slice models and use Pronterface to control the printer (could use Repetier rather than Pronterface)

Steve
June 27, 2015 12:38AM
Don't know if it's the same on Windows but on the Mac version of Repetier so go to Preferences and then you tell it where Slic3r is (and thus which version to use). That being said I never use Slic3r inside of Repetier since I make slight tweeks based on my model.
June 27, 2015 08:15AM
SteveRoy
I have slic3r and Cura installed to slice models and use Pronterface to control the printer (could use Repetier rather than Pronterface)

Steve

Better yet, why not just use the printer stand-alone? If your printer has an SD card reader, host software/computer is completely unnecessary and adds to the unreliability of the already-unreliable-enough process that is 3D printing.
Re: Newer slic3r version released....Question. [SOLVED]
June 27, 2015 02:47PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I did figure it out, though.

In Repetier-Host >> open the Slic3r tab >> click on "Manager" >> under "Slic3r Executable" >> click "Browse" >> locate newer version of Slic3r.exe >> click "Open" >> DONE!

As a side note: The algorithms used are still... a bit retarded :/ Oh Well, I guess beggars can't be choosy.
June 27, 2015 05:57PM
the_digital_dentist
SteveRoy

Steve

Better yet, why not just use the printer stand-alone? If your printer has an SD card reader, host software/computer is completely unnecessary and adds to the unreliability of the already-unreliable-enough process that is 3D printing.

For the most part I do, I print via the SD card, but I find it easier to pre-heat via pronterface and if I want to check the z-home I haven't found a way to do that via LCD interface

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 02:14PM by SteveRoy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login