Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Cube X

Posted by bpgoss1 
RepRap Cube X
June 28, 2015 12:37AM
So I've removed the extruder/hotend assembly, mainboard, control interface, filament sensing system, limit switches, and extruder/axis motors from a 3d Systems Cube X duo.

I replaced the axis motors with Kysan 1124192 steppers and attached the necessary pullies.

I've installed a 3mm 24v Pico hotend.

I've removed the Azteeg x3 controller board from my bukobot and installed it.

I've installed the stepper motors as shown in the pic below. Continuity testing to confirm wiring.

continuity confirmed positive from orange azteeg terminal 1 to orange motor connector 1
continuity confirmed positive from orange azteeg terminal 2 to orange motor connector 2
continuity confirmed positive from orange azteeg terminal 3 to orange motor connector 3
continuity confirmed positive from orange azteeg terminal 4 to orange motor connector 4
continuity between 1 and 2 for orange on board to board / board to motor and then also between 3 and 4 confirmed positive when the motor is connected.
continuity between 1 and 3 for orange on board to board / board to motor and then also 1 and 4 confirmed negative when the motor is connected.
continuity between 2 and 3 for orange on board to board / board to motor and then also 2 and 4 confirmed negative when the motor is connected.

continuity confirmed positive from red azteeg terminal 1 to orange motor connector 1
continuity confirmed positive from red azteeg terminal 2 to orange motor connector 2
continuity confirmed positive from red azteeg terminal 3 to orange motor connector 3
continuity confirmed positive from red azteeg terminal 4 to orange motor connector 4
continuity between 1 and 2 for red on board to board / board to motor and then also between 3 and 4 confirmed positive when the motor is connected.
continuity between 1 and 3 for red on board to board / board to motor and then also 1 and 4 confirmed negative when the motor is connected.
continuity between 2 and 3 for red on board to board / board to motor and then also 2 and 4 confirmed negative when the motor is connected.

continuity confirmed positive from blue azteeg terminal 1 to orange motor connector 1
continuity confirmed positive from blue azteeg terminal 2 to orange motor connector 2
continuity confirmed positive from blue azteeg terminal 3 to orange motor connector 3
continuity confirmed positive from blue azteeg terminal 4 to orange motor connector 4
continuity between 1 and 2 for blue on board to board / board to motor and then also between 3 and 4 confirmed positive when the motor is connected.
continuity between 1 and 3 for blue on board to board / board to motor and then also 1 and 4 confirmed negative when the motor is connected.
continuity between 2 and 3 for blue on board to board / board to motor and then also 2 and 4 confirmed negative when the motor is connected.
---
Now, I've wired up my AC socket. N to pin 3 on LED rocker switch, L to pin 2, and G the Ground on the powersupply. Switch pin 3 to N on power supply, pin 2 to L on power supply and, as mentioned previously, ground on power supply to the G on the AC recepticle.

The azteeg comes on when the rocker switch is switched.

Com port appears in printer settings and printer sucessfully connects. Repetier shows:

Hotend instructed to heat. No thermistor reading. Hotend does not heat.
Manual axis motion of all 3 axis is unresponsive.

Power off. Contiuity confirmed positive between 1,2,3,4 of orange, red, and blue. All stepper motor terminals. All motor connectors.
Continuity confirmed positve from 1,2,3,4 of orange, red, and blue (all stepper motor terminals and motor connectors) and frame rails.

Power supply disconnected from azteeg.

Contiuity confirmed positive between 1,2,3,4 of orange, red, and blue. All stepper motor terminals. All motor connectors.
Continuity confirmed positve from 1,2,3,4 of orange, red, and blue (all stepper motor terminals and motor connectors) and frame rails.

What the heck?!

See complete history of work searching istagram hashtag:

#cubelobotomy
Re: RepRap Cube X
June 28, 2015 02:17AM
Oh Man, such a Long Story for such an easy question?! winking smiley

Usually, you have to install the thermistors before the mainboard moves anything. Not sure about Azteeg, though...
-Olaf
Re: RepRap Cube X
June 28, 2015 09:53PM
Heya, I have a CubePro Trio.

I replaced the 3DS electronics with Duet+x4, kept the motioncontrol motors though... smiling smiley

The Hotends they use have a funky wiring(thermistor- the 'thermostat' is wired in line with heater, most repraps have a separate wires for heater/thermistor), reprap software won't read the temperature correctly will come up with an error. the hotend will not heat/machine will not run because the software detects a faulty thermistor.

I'm assuming that since you did not list your Hot end setup that you kept the Cube hotend. I don't know how to get it to work so I replaced them outright (since I did not want to have to get a replacement from 3DS anyway should one fail/wear out) I also get any different nozzle sizes I want. The Cube* are also the... PET(?) hot end, which is joined from the heater to the heat sink by plastic... which will melt and the HE will fall off if it gets too hot... and possibly start a fire. I went with all metal alternatives.

Also, its having an issue reading the SD card. might not be loading cfg's?

I've done the dance, feel free to PM me...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login