Arduino mega 2560 upload problems angry smiley confused smiley hot smiley
July 11, 2015 05:20PM
I have an arduino mega 2560 in use for a 3d printer but every time I try to upload Marlin I get a message saying "Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560

"Sketch uses 50,450 bytes (19%) of program storage space. Maximum is 258,048 bytes.

Global variables use 2,943 bytes of dynamic memory.

Error while uploading: missing 'upload.tool' configuration parameter"

So does this mean I can only upload to the board using a physical usb programmer? Because if so that's really stupid that know one could tell me before I bought the stupid thing. And if it helps, the green led that says "on" is stationary, but the "L" LED is flashing red. And I can't even upload the simple code called blink
Re: Arduino mega 2560 upload problems angry smiley confused smiley hot smiley
July 11, 2015 07:39PM
Compiling latest marlin?
July 11, 2015 07:55PM
Also do you have another computer to try it on?
July 11, 2015 09:09PM
Sounds like a bug or misconfig in the Arduino IDE . . . bad hardware does not generate missing parameter errors . . .

What programmer is selected? The Mega (at least on Linux) uses avrdude . . .

- Tim
July 12, 2015 03:48AM
missing 'upload.tool' is one of the config lines that is missing when you use a old style boards.txt file in the new version of the Arduino IDE

simply add {boardnam}.upload.tool=avrdude prefixed with your board name to your boards.txt file.
July 12, 2015 09:47AM
avrdude isn't an option in the programmers section on the Arduino IDE
July 12, 2015 09:48AM
HOLY SHIT. THANK YOU SO MUCH @DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!! Oh my god I never thought I could get it working, god damn you're amazing
July 12, 2015 10:15AM
Dude we did that on skype two weeks ago. Surprised you didnt remember. Your using that old config from the vendor you bought the i2 from.
July 14, 2015 06:46PM
Abit off topic and maybe I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time but, your jumping emoticon is very distracting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login