Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DepotCube - prusa parts much bigger print area

Posted by Blitz2190 
DepotCube - prusa parts much bigger print area
October 09, 2015 04:48PM
I just finished my design of a new CoreXY (non crossing, two belts) printer that I've had in mind for a while now using readily available parts where i could. This is my first post in a couple years, finally getting some time to work on my projects again.
I had a few criteria to meet. all of these compared to your typical prusa i2 (the printer i currently have)

faster printing
more accuracy (in theory)
a full cubic print volume (not one that gets smaller the higher the axis)
much larger print volume

the design is scalable with the only constraint being that the frame stays cube in shape if you want the cross supports to line up for a more rigid frame, which are not show. and can support up to a 325x317x270 area using prusa i2 rails (only 200x200x270 using the original heated bed), I modeled it using 1"x1" aluminum extrusions found at any hardware store. It's z axis is a cantilevered design with the rear threaded rod acting as a counter balance that will even the load.(nut is on top of the mount). I also made it so there were no lateral forces on the stepper motors.

aditions bolts and self taps needed as well as 10 more 608 bearings which can be found at any skate shop.

if there is any interest in me releasing the files please let me know otherwise this will just be a one off for my new printer.

zaxis

zaxis threaded rod link

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2015 12:27AM by Blitz2190.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login