Geetech Prusa I3 Problems and Solutions
November 06, 2015 10:26PM
Hi All.
I am a bit curious as to whether other users have been experiencing issues that I have been with my Prusa I3 that I bought from a Geetech.
Firstly the printer (kitset really it required full assembly) was very well priced on Ebay $250USD plus shipping If I remember correct. They clearly stated that it was for users with a bit of DIY experience, they were not kidding.
This is not a beat up on them but just detailing a few of the problems I have encountered so far and some fixes that I have made.
Z axis skewing. During the print one of the Z axis motors would someway through the print randomly miss steps and the print would stuff up. Initially it was on one side only. I fixed it by cutting off the polarised connector plugs on the motor end and soldering the wires on directly.
The print quality has always been disappointing with random little voids regardless of temperature, filament, bed levelling, layer thickness, speed etc. Today when I had the same problem on the second z axis motor I wondered whether the extruder might be missing steps from connector issues also and it seems to have made a huge difference by soldering the wires on.
I should add before people ask that the wires are nicely loomed and not just loose and pulling.
I have also recently installed a J head hot end but I cant say whether that has helped because the quality problem appears more likely due to the connectors on the extruder motor which I am still using
How many others have had such issues as these? I have only looked briefly but cant seem to see reference to motor wiring connectors causing poor print quality and such issues.

Regards
Bruce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login