Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie with Prusa i3 Hephestos with problems in the engines sad smiley

Posted by Rayco 
Newbie with Prusa i3 Hephestos with problems in the engines sad smiley
January 09, 2016 05:11PM
Hello to everybody, this my first post. Excuse me for my bad english, because I'm from Spain. I am fortunate to have the Prusa i3 Hephestos from now and I have some big problems. I am a total newbie, this is my first contact with a 3D printer and I have no idea of ​​many things that you speak in the forum.

The fact is that I have problems with the engines. I just assemble the printer and all I've done is try to move the axis X, Y and Z in the options on the LED display.

The Y axis is the only one which moves perfectly, but when it arrives to the end in both sides, it makes a horrible noise. But it is less important, because at least it can moves ...

The X axis is what worries me, because when I order it to move, the engine of the extruder starts and obviously not moves the X axis. I have reviewed the cables again and again, and the cables for motor axis X are in their correct place (I tested with the colors up and down as well). Also I put the extruder motor's cables where have to put the cables for motor axis X and they in the extruder connection and then there is no movement of any of the engines. It's very weird!

And with the Z axis, firstly, only one of the two engines moved and also I found it hard to move, I saw that the rod was not perfectly vertical, although it seems ok, but is slightly tilted. But anyway, this engine works. Searching the forum, I read an user to disconnect a motor recommending see if the other worked and was due to lack of power. And indeed, to have one off, the engine that did not initially work, now start, but with such bad luck that the rod was also slightly tilted and the engine was not strong. Incredibly, the part connecting the engine with the rod began to stretch and open up, being almost twice as big! In what it took to turn off the printer, the nut ripped from the plastic sad smiley

I need all the advice that you can give me.

Thank you!
Re: Newbie with Prusa i3 Hephestos with problems in the engines sad smiley
January 09, 2016 11:27PM
If the Y axis is making a grinding noise then it has most likely reached the ends of the print area. The stepper motor is trying to push the axis further than it can go causing missed steps. You need to home the axis before manual control.

The only way the motor of the extruder will move when you instruct a movment to the X axis is a incorrectly wired printer or incorrect firmware. Download the firmware from the offical BQ website if the printer was made by them. Otherwise use this video to get firmware set up for the printer. The controller itself could also be broken, but give the firmware a try first.

The Z axis issue may be related to the other axis. Most likely firmware or controller.

Prusa i3 Rework - Ramps 1.4 - E3d Lite6 - Full Graphic LCD Controller
Re: Newbie with Prusa i3 Hephestos with problems in the engines sad smiley
January 10, 2016 07:06AM
Thanks, I'm going to get the last firware first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login