Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1st 3d Printer!

Posted by ROBNOB9X 
1st 3d Printer!
June 05, 2016 06:40AM
Hi,

I've recently assembled this printer: [QcAAOSwJkJWih0g" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.ebay.co.uk]

I haven't come close to getting a good print yet but I'd really appreciate it if somebody could answer a few questions.

1. Any settings I change in the LCD panel don't stay, only for the current print but they automatically reset everytime, can anybody solve this?

2. When I see other people autp-home their machine, the end stops are hit and then the motors retract a bit and stay there, mine just hit the end stops and stay, so when I want to level my bed i have to manually move the x axis up until the end stop is released, this doesn't seem right, any ideas??

Thanks in advance for any help! I so want to be able to get printing properly.
Re: 1st 3d Printer!
June 05, 2016 12:32PM
After changing a setting with the LCD, you have to save the settings if you want them to be used after a power cycle. Under control, select save memory.

You could put the move you need in the start gcode in your slicer. Just put it between the G28 and G29. It would be something like G1 X10 Y10 Z10 to move all the axes to 10mm and off the endstops.
June 06, 2016 05:24PM
I recently bought and set up one of these printers. I have a laptop I connect to control and don'd use the LCD or SD reader, but i have them connected.

To level the bed I use pronterface, home the Z axis then move it up 0.1mm which release the end stop, and then I adjust the bed.
June 10, 2016 03:08AM
Great thanks both, so happy to solve the lcd panel issue!

I'll look at the gcode but first I'll try the moving it 0.1mm off the end stop via my computer I think and see how that works for me, cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2016 03:08AM by ROBNOB9X.
June 10, 2016 06:35PM
You will probably want to clamp that to a table eventually. It will help eliminate wobble. Have fun, it won't be long.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login