Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis problem

Posted by jokke0066 
Z axis problem
August 09, 2016 04:47PM
I have a problem with my printed parts.
A test cube printed just 7mm high instead of 10mm
If I manually check my z axis by click the higher Z-axis 10mm button in reptier the nozzle measures perfect 10mm from the bed. So my steps/mm is right.
It's only appearing when a part gets printed.

I use a custom made 3D printer with 2 ATX supply's 1 for Heated Bed and the other for the electronic, so there is no voltage drop caused by the Heated Bed.

Grtz
Re: Z axis problem
August 09, 2016 08:52PM
Check the scale setting in your slicer. Also you can check how many layers are generated in the gcode.
August 10, 2016 01:33AM
Cura generates 33 layer with a layer height of 0.3 that gives 9,9mm so thats correct.
August 10, 2016 02:52AM
You are probably losing a small number of steps on each Z movement. You don't notice this when doing a single movement of 10mm but you do when you do 33 movements of 0.3mm each. Try higher motor current or lower acceleration. If you have two Z motors wired in parallel, that may be contributing to the problem because each motor gets half the current.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 10, 2016 09:21AM
I'm using 2 z-axis motors
So I raised VREF of my Z-axis stepdriver, now I sometimes hear a clicking sound from my motors (Higher VREF faster clicking, lower VREF slower clicking)
I also noticed a very small left-right movement of my rods.
But I have still the same problem.

I'll try to swap my stepdrivers to check if that's te problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2016 10:46AM by jokke0066.
August 10, 2016 12:45PM
I'ts fixed. I add a cooling fan to the RAMPS and raised the VREF the clicking sound disappeared and everything works perfect now!

Thanks for the reply's
August 10, 2016 03:17PM
jokke0066
I'ts fixed. I add a cooling fan to the RAMPS and raised the VREF the clicking sound disappeared and everything works perfect now!

Thanks for the reply's

I'm glad you sorted it. If you have two Z stepper motors, I recommend connecting them in series instead of in parallel, and reducing your VREF. Wiring them in parallel as RAMPS does is a poor choice for almost all stepper motors used in RepRaps.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login