Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Ramps 1.4

Posted by imwhoim54 
Problems with Ramps 1.4
August 13, 2016 01:57PM
Hi Folkes...

I am having an issue with my RAMPS 1.4 Setup. At first, I was having a problem compiling Marlin and it was experiencing a common duplicate structure name. I was compiling under Arduino 1.6. The problem was with a structure that was apparently named the same as a struct that was already in use. I tried renaming the structure in the header file to no avail...

I got past that issue by falling back to Arduino 1.0.6 at which point it compiled and downloaded to the Arduino correctly.

Now I am having an issue with the display. As you can tell from the pictures, the screen goes all white when power is applied. Pressing on the button, beeps as if you are selecting a menu item but the screen remains white. I have tried switching the cables from one connector to the other. There, the screen remains black and does not respond at all with the button. I can't turn the cables around in the socket (which some forums recommend) as the plugs are keyed and can only go in one way.

Anyone out there run into this kind of issue with their RAMPS 1.4?

BTW.. Mine was purchased from Kunan on Amazon.

Thanks in advance for any help that you may provide...
Don
Attachments:
open | download - 20160813_124927.jpg (236.6 KB)
open | download - 20160813_124946.jpg (188.7 KB)
Re: Problems with Ramps 1.4
August 13, 2016 11:58PM
Have your mom do a web search for "12864 LCD FOR RAMPS 1.4"

Without anything else hooked up you may get errors to prevent correct operation
limit switches, temps ??

Have you configured Marlin with correct Motherboard and display!
You did not say what type Arduino, RAMPS and LCD display
so I can't help

[www.marlinfw.org]

Do the data for display indicate what display to select
Kunan indicates "4.Plug and play on the RAMPS, but need to modify the firmware to support."
nice of them to tell what configuration to select

does this help?

EXTRA LARGE FULL GRAPHICS SMART CONTROLLER - 12864 LCD FOR RAMPS 1.4
[www.makergeeks.com]

angry smiley
August 14, 2016 12:28AM
My MOM? I'll try to find a psychic to contact her because she passed like 25 years ago...

I was simply following the instructions provided with the board. They show Marlin being loaded to the Arduino with nothing else installed. Then they show what the diaplay should look like like after Marlin is installed. I took it from there and installed it with and without the RAMPS 1.4 board installed to no avail.

The manufacturer is in China and though responsive to calls for help, they usually take 1 or 2 days to respond. Since it's the weekend, was trying to get a jump on it.

Thanks. I'll check it out
August 20, 2016 04:10AM
" I can't turn the cables around in the socket (which some forums recommend) as the plugs are keyed and can only go in one way"

take some pliers to it,,

but before such drastic action you checked the contrast.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login