Marlin not sending updates to Delta.
December 30, 2016 08:03AM
I got my delta running and while trying to adjust settings in Marlin and then uploading, I get no change to the delta.

It is uploading ok but I change X,Y or Z endstop offsets and they don't change anything when I retry home position on my delta.

I have mechanical end-stops which I can adjust so not a biggy but it still doesn't make sense.

Also I have a high spot ( 1.5mm) in the centre and I am trying to change the DELTA-ROD-OFFSET in Marlin to compensate for this but 160 to 250 makes no difference.

I have some shortcut buttons in Pronterface set for X tower as X-77.94 Y-45 Z5 and then I just move down 5mm to check clearance with paper.
Re: Marlin not sending updates to Delta.
December 30, 2016 02:31PM
If the EEPROM is enabled, Marlin will use the settings in there and ignore the hardcoded ones. After uploading an updated Marlin, you have to send a M502 followed by a M500 to save the new settings.
Re: Marlin not sending updates to Delta.
December 31, 2016 11:45AM
Thanks stephenrc,

Turned out I had moved the delta settings up in Marlin Config.h to make it easier to adjust settings but I moved them too far up before the connection and baud rate settings so Marlin was ignoring them.

Move them below these lines and now all is good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login