Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tronxy X5SA Pro, Marlin Firmware, Z Offset not working

Posted by Recoil1980 
Tronxy X5SA Pro, Marlin Firmware, Z Offset not working
October 09, 2020 09:55AM
I just purchased this printer: Tronxy X5SA Pro

The first day after everything was setup it was printing fine on the heatbed with stock firmware. I honestly have no idea what changed, either mechanically or otherwise, but it began not wanting to bring the nozzle all the way down to the bed. The z offset was saving correctly, but it would still return to the same height on the bed.

The first thing I did was update the firmware from Tronxy, but had the same results saving the settings, but returning back to being too high on the bed. It took me a while to figure out how to update the stock board with Marlin, but I found this video which helped a great deal. This is the firmware linked in the video that I used, uncommenting the following lines for the board and the LCD to get setup following the instructions on the video:

#define V6_330_TITAN_TMC 1
#define COLOR_UI

My sensor is physically set up as high as it will go, but I still need an offset of -0.35 (the sensor is still too low). Manually I can set the offset and like previous attempts and it is correct, but after saving the settings and then rehoming it mechanically returns back to the original position even though the settings on the screen are showing what was saved before.

The final thing I have tried is sending the following codes, and they save in the EEPROM like previous attempts, but the nozzle is still too high on the bed:

M851 Z-0.35
M500

I am at a loss and hoping someone can point me in the right direction on figuring out how to fix this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login