Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My first 3D printer

Posted by Salvatore94 
My first 3D printer
June 13, 2015 06:20PM
Hello everyone,
I want to buy my first 3D printer kit ( because I enjoy it and I like to assemble ) but are still undecided between various kits .
I know there are a lot of posts like this but still I could not clear my head .
As usual I provide the basic information for advice :

- Budget : 300/450 €
- Usage: educational , to print some model created for the university , or any plans for Arduino
- Accuracy : I do not need a high precision , but I would not even buy a printer inaccurate
- Type : Prusa i3 ( standard , or nicola , or hephestos , I do not know )
- Material : ABS I would print in both PLA

Around there are thousands of kit at various prices , any good that someone falls in my budget ?

On this site suggested in another post I found this kit , what do you think ?
The kit is good ? you know if the site is reliable ?

If you need more information please let me know ^ _ ^

Thank you very much , Salvatore
Re: My first 3D printer
June 14, 2015 08:49PM
Salvatore94
Hello everyone,
I want to buy my first 3D printer kit ( because I enjoy it and I like to assemble ) but are still undecided between various kits .
I know there are a lot of posts like this but still I could not clear my head .
As usual I provide the basic information for advice :

- Budget : 300/450 €
- Usage: educational , to print some model created for the university , or any plans for Arduino
- Accuracy : I do not need a high precision , but I would not even buy a printer inaccurate
- Type : Prusa i3 ( standard , or nicola , or hephestos , I do not know )
- Material : ABS I would print in both PLA

Around there are thousands of kit at various prices , any good that someone falls in my budget ?

On this site suggested in another post I found this kit , what do you think ?
The kit is good ? you know if the site is reliable ?

If you need more information please let me know ^ _ ^

Thank you very much , Salvatore

Unsure about the site, mine bought from china, geeetech prusa i3b, from your link, it's a great kit considering you have the option to get ld, e3d v6 and ramps 1.4 but you might going to have another issues about the single frame. You will be adding extra frame into the back of the frame to make it more like the vanilla, box prusa i3 design to reduce wobble issues when going for taller printing
June 22, 2015 06:20AM
I bought this one and I am vary pleased with it.

[www.aliexpress.com]
June 22, 2015 09:09AM
I have just finished putting together my prusa i3 (first printer) from ooznest. I have been really impressed with the kit and the company. Every question I have had has been answered and the kit comes really well packaged. The build instructions are great too. I would highly recommend getting a kit from somewhere that will offer you help when you encounter problems... because you will definitely encounter problems

[ooznest.co.uk]
June 22, 2015 08:44PM
mersadk
I bought this one and I am vary pleased with it.

[www.aliexpress.com]
What is the kit's frame thickness? 6mm?

@TS:
Personally, I would avoid single frame kits such as i3 rework like hephaestos because you will end up adding extra support on the frame itself by yourself (correct me on this one). Going for acryllic, 6mm is a good one but bear in mind some designs, especially from china like sunhockey are not that great (from what I compared between pictures). Bowden are good but when going for flexible material such as ninja flex I don't think that will work. As far as I'm concerned, the above link are pretty much great since there are no printed parts but you might ended up wanna buy extra parts just in case some of the parts broke or something.

If you got extra money by about roughly $200, I would go for mendelmax 1.5, more sturdier design, probably lesser cable clutter but kinda limited flexibility
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login