Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aurora Z605 3D Printer

Posted by Prussian 
Aurora Z605 3D Printer
July 27, 2015 05:25PM
Hello,

I recently purchased an Aurora Z605 Printer. I completed the physical build and then wanted to upload firmware to the Melzi board that came with it. I couldn't find any guidance for the firmware configuration from the company so I was kind of in the dark. Initially the Marlin files I found online wouldn't even compile but I found the Repetier Firmware does compile but when I try to upload it to the correct serial port it returns the avrdude timeout error. When I open repetier host and click connect it says that it is connected but the arduino IDE can't seem to connect. What should I do?
Re: Aurora Z605 3D Printer
July 27, 2015 08:41PM
What about the ftdi drivers (though I doubt this would be your problem), you could try here [reprap.org]. Usually 3d printer kits comes with preloaded firmware. Often you don't have to worry about setting up those firmwares unless you're going experimental smiling smiley
July 28, 2015 12:34AM
I just realized that the controller does come preloaded with firmware. I think that the FTDI drivers might be the problem. I don't have the disc that has them on it and am trying to run the printer off an Ubuntu desktop. Where do I find the drivers and how to I install them to connect the printer to Repetier-Host?
July 28, 2015 01:44AM
Sorry, I run on windows, here is some guide to get you started [learn.sparkfun.com]
October 12, 2015 09:55AM
Terrible printer, can't get it to work. It has worked with repetier and then it stopped working. This thing is driving me mad.
July 04, 2017 03:35PM
Gday
Fairly new to 3d printer technology and hope I am sending this to the correct place.

I have an issue with the heat bed on my Aurora Z605.

I built it from a kit and after a few initial hiccups it was working well for 12 months. Then, the heat bed would not heat up.
I have changed the thermistor, new melzi 2.0 board and now the heatbed to a MK2B. Yet still no heat...
Feel like I have read every post about this issue yet cannot find a fix.
The resistance changes when i heat the thermistor but I do not get an output voltage on melzi heatbed connectors

Using repetier Host and tried Repetier and Marlin firmware - a copy of current Repetier configuration.h Configuration_h.txt.txt
and pins.h pins.h.txt attached

Any advise appreciated and if I am in the wrong place please politely tell me where i should stick it..... Yeah I mean post it.
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login