Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP! Hesine Prusa i3

Posted by muntahunta 
HELP! Hesine Prusa i3
August 03, 2015 05:06PM
Hi, i recently ordered a cheap 3d printer from an online store, it is a Hesine 3d Prusa I3

I have followed the instructions and while i am new to 3d printing, I am fairly good at building things, however I am having a major issue.

The threaded rods that run up the vertical axis arent turning properly.
when moving up and down the vertical axis, the motor seems to get stuck sometimes and I need to help move it. (usually on the left hand side, the one holding the x axis motor)
This obviously also means that both of the vertical pieces do no stay the same height.

I have tried everything I can think of and I am stumped. Maybe I am missing something really simple but any help would be appreciated.
Re: HELP! Hesine Prusa i3
August 03, 2015 06:30PM
Have you tried increasing the stepper motor voltage slightly?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
August 03, 2015 06:56PM
I honestly have no idea how to do that haha.
August 03, 2015 08:36PM
ok, that is done and it worked, thankyou.
only problem now is that I cant connect to my windows 7 pc. It isnt even recognising me plug it in.
August 04, 2015 02:37AM
The baud rate needs to match.
August 04, 2015 05:14AM
Still nothing.
The printer is connected via USB, but the computer isnt detecting any hardware. I cant install the ft232rl drivers.
August 04, 2015 06:51AM
I've tried to contact hesine customer support but I can not get through to them.

does anyone have any idea how I can get my computer to recognize the device? I have a feeling I may fix it with a sledgehammer soon tongue sticking out smiley
August 04, 2015 01:00PM
Try a new USB cord.
August 04, 2015 01:32PM
muntahunta
I've tried to contact hesine customer support but I can not get through to them.

does anyone have any idea how I can get my computer to recognize the device? I have a feeling I may fix it with a sledgehammer soon tongue sticking out smiley

Definitely don't do that tongue sticking out smiley

Let's take it one step at a time:

What program are you using to try to connect to the printer? RH? OctoPrint? Pronterface?

If you can, take a screenshot of your connection settings in that program.
August 04, 2015 01:54PM
The instructions on the website say that once you plug in the printer that it will show up in the device manager for me to install it's drivers. It doesn't show up.

I have tried to connect with RH but with no luck. The instructions are a disgrace.

The usb cable defiantly works.
August 04, 2015 02:06PM
Take a screenshot of your connection settings in RH, I use RH sometimes at home with my prusa.
August 04, 2015 04:03PM
Here we go, i've messed around with the printer in offline mode and managed to get a few prints, but it still isnt connecting.
Attachments:
open | download - printer1.jpg (211.2 KB)
August 04, 2015 04:23PM
Change the baud rate to 250,000 (I think), most firmware uses this baud rate
August 04, 2015 04:34PM
The baud rate is the same as what is displayed on the printer
August 04, 2015 09:06PM
Here are my settings. I would recommend changing one of yours at a time to see if it helps.
Attachments:
open | download - settings.png (44.7 KB)
August 05, 2015 05:58AM
It is using the melzi 2.0 motherboard I don't know if that makes much difference.
tried changing to yours. connected, no info sent or recieved

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2015 06:09AM by muntahunta.
August 05, 2015 10:18AM
Yeah it probably does make a difference, I'm using a RAMPS+Arduino. Maybe someone who is or has used a melzi can help you out more. This might be a good place to learn more about your board, [reprap.org]
August 05, 2015 10:24AM
well I have looked all over the internet and cant find anything. ill try to attach the "guide" that hesine provided.
The guide basically says that when you plug in the printer, it shows up in the device manager... it doesnt.
from there, I cant do anything. doesnt appear at all.
Attachments:
open | download - FTDI driver installation.pdf (315.5 KB)
August 05, 2015 10:27AM
What version of Windows are you running?
August 05, 2015 10:34AM
Windows 7
August 06, 2015 06:14AM
I have updated to the latest software and now I am getting this...
Attachments:
open | download - 2.jpg (88.1 KB)
August 06, 2015 08:48AM
Anyone have any ideas? im completely stuck, cant really do anything advanced without connecting to the computer.
August 07, 2015 11:08AM
im guessing we're out of ideas?
Urgh sad smiley
August 15, 2015 07:19PM
Hi Muntahunta,

i own a Hesine 3d Prusa I3, black acrylic version. At least my printer showed up in device manager, but with a yellow exclamation mark. It looks like Hesine used a fake FTDI Chip and the latest FTDI driver bricks those counterfeit chips.
I tried a lot of drivers and finally found that version 2.10 is still working with the counterfeit chip. That way i got it to work with windows 7. But you wrote that your printer isnt showing up in the device manager ther could be a hardware problem with the melzi board.
Have you tried to connect the printer to a linux based computer? The linux drivers do not care about counterfeit chips and should work.
In the meantime i connected my printer to my raspberry pi and installed repetier server and it works like a charm, i can start a print job with repetier host, switch off my computer and the raspi is doing all the work.

regards, Thorvard
August 16, 2015 07:47AM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I believe there is a hardware problem.
It is like drawing blood from a stone when talking to their customer service and I am still waiting to hear if they are sending new parts.
I have bought a RAMPS 1.4 to swap over so hopefully I can use that and wait for replacements so I can start building a new printer.
October 27, 2015 12:17AM
Hi Muntahunta,
Are you bought this from Jack?
I facing same problem with you,did you soft you problem?
October 27, 2015 01:35AM
You didn't happen to touch anything while you was changing the stepper voltages did you? IF you touched anything other than the pot and ground when checking it has probably fried the Arduino board. Do you have a red light on the board when you plug it in?
October 27, 2015 04:10AM
Yes after 5 second the rec light is off
November 02, 2015 01:42AM
If Z-axis is move bad, try align Motor Jaw Shaft Coupler with trapezoidal lead screw.

This part must be an one axis. Four black little screws help you.
Sorry for my english
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2015 01:46AM by johntokarev.
November 02, 2015 01:44AM
About info and assembly instructions - on SD card present dropbox account information. In dropbox more info about this printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login