Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 won't work without usb power

Posted by Eight20 
Prusa i3 won't work without usb power
August 18, 2015 02:08PM
Afternoon all,

I'm new to all this stuff so try not to hit me too hard with the technical stuff, but here's the problem. I have a sintron printer which I beleive is just another prusa i3 copy/whatever, and I've got it set up pretty well, it does every thing I need it to and gives fairly consistant results. My problem lies with the ardiuno board has to have a constant connection with the laptop to work, I have a LCD2004 setup with this printer so it has the SD card slot in the back allowing this to do its thing off line. Except it can't.

I've got the multimeter out and checked the connection I thought would matter, and I'm getting a solid 12.09volts from the PSU to the ramps board on all four wires, now while searching the internets for answers I came across a few people saying about D1 and D2 diodes, and it looks like D1 has a lot to answer for, so I checked it with the multi meter and across the diode while just plugged into the psu it only registered 0.68volts but wth the usb only there was 3.99volts across it.

So at this point I'm confused and don't know what to do or try, can someone help?
Re: Prusa i3 won't work without usb power
August 18, 2015 02:44PM
The diode seems to be OK. 0.7V is a typical value for a diode.
The problem is on the arduino side. It is the 5V regulator that doesn´t work.
You should claim warranty exchange from your local sintron dealer. I got my arduino replacement without any arguments from them. It only took a while, because I got it from their chinese headquarter.
-Olaf
Re: Prusa i3 won't work without usb power
August 18, 2015 03:04PM
I suggest you prepare a video of it as a proof, should say that the board didn't work with power supply turned on
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login