Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Still not connecting USB, Last attempt, Any ideas what this means??

Posted by muntahunta 
Still not connecting USB, Last attempt, Any ideas what this means??
August 23, 2015 05:06AM
Ok, as a lot of you may know by now, I have had extremely bad luck starting my 3d printer project.
I recieved a melzi 2.0 which had zero connection through USB (assuming the chip is broken or it hasnt been flashed with the bootloader.
I tried many suggestions from installing drivers manually to downloading different interfaces to try and connect. The computer still doesnt even recognise new hardware even though the board recieves power from USB port.

I then purchased a RAMPS 1.4 with Mega 2560, got that all set up and for some reason the power just doesnt go through from the power supply to the RAMPS, but does using USB.
Looks like thats broken too.

So in a last ditch attempt to fix the Melzi I bought the USBasp ISP in order to try and flash the bootloader.
I have set it up to the settings recommended (Sanguino with AT Mega1284 16Hz) and I get this error message...

"Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Sanguino, ATmega1284 or ATmega1284P (16 MHz)"

avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.

avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1

avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1

Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override

this check.

Error while burning bootloader."

I am assuming that this confirms the chip on the board doesnt work. But if not, could anyone shed any light on the situation?
Re: Still not connecting USB, Last attempt, Any ideas what this means??
August 23, 2015 07:37AM
How about arduino v1.0.x?

It is most likely the atmega chip is bricked
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login