Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Firmware may need Help

Posted by DarkShadowsX5 
Marlin Firmware may need Help
September 28, 2015 06:00AM
So i rushed trying to fix an ABS filament blockage. I didn't unplug and somehow shorted out my extruder thermistor. I need to buy a replacement now...
board now reads ~62-63c for extruder temp even when no Thermistor is plugged into port A13.
I have a MKS BASE v1.3 Marlin firmware (of course), and i was wondering if i can somehow use port A15 for extruder1 temp instead by changing some firmware code?...

I really don't want to have to spend $60+ on a new board if i can help it. even though i did just fk it up a little... sad smiley
If i knew what went bad on it i might be able to re-solder the circuits if i can find the parts. I have the skills to do so just need to do some testing to find out what went wrong.

yup I'm paying for my little mistake. definitely wont be doing it again. live an learn...
Re: Marlin Firmware may need Help
September 28, 2015 11:43AM
You should be able to play around in the pins.h section and change which thermistor corresponds to which hotend.

Prusa i3 Rework - Ramps 1.4 - E3d Lite6 - Full Graphic LCD Controller
September 28, 2015 05:16PM
Thank you gmkee! thumbs up
I was looking in temprature.h.. lol didn't get anywhere.

pins.h
Line 708: #define TEMP_0_PIN 15 // ANALOG NUMBERING //changed to 15 from 13
Line 709: #define TEMP_1_PIN 13 // ANALOG NUMBERING //changed to 13 from 15

That was exacty what i needed. uploaded it and it works!. tested it with the bed thermistor.
Now to get that 5 pack of thermistors from amazon...
September 29, 2015 03:54AM
You canĀ“t kill a board or controller by shortening an analog input. There always is the pullup resistor ( 4.7k )
There must have been a second failure. Find out, before you plug in the new thermistor...
-Olaf
September 29, 2015 06:37PM
@0_lampe
There was a big enough spark to blow the thermistor's wire like a fuse. so idk if it was just the resistor hopefully it was..
I did find said resistor RN1 second from the left reads 4.12k just below the norm 5% tolarance others read 4.73k - 4.66k which is within 5% or 235 ohm.
of course that would be the one. If i attempt to fix it i still have to get a few things. :/
September 30, 2015 03:47PM
The thermistor may have made contact with the heater block. If the heater cartridge shell is connected to 12V it may have an adverse effect on the thermistor or connected electronics. I've read somewhere some heater cartridges have this feature/problem depending how you look at it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2015 03:49PM by imqqmi.
September 30, 2015 08:34PM
probabbly.
I remember tapping he screwdriver on the heater block while trying to move the fan/heatsink so i can get to the blockage.
The thermisor was also jumping from 66- 350 in number. it must of got loose somehow, and when i tapped the block thats all it needed to short out.
so its possible it would of happened later anyway, because i wasn't actually moving the termistors wire.
i've had to re solder 2 stopswitches so far. I Made a new X axis mount so the wire couldn't be clamped by the screw head. also had to fix and move the Y axis one because of wire damage from movement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login