Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This offer sounds too good to be true

Posted by Treito 
AWI
Re: This offer sounds too good to be true
October 10, 2015 02:40PM
Quote: The order is closed now and I will get my money back within the next 10 days

Same here, well, at least I hope we've all learned from it...
October 10, 2015 02:48PM
AWI
Quote: The order is closed now and I will get my money back within the next 10 days

Same here, well, at least I hope we've all learned from it...

As I opened this thread I guessed that this would be a wrong offer but regarding the buyer's protection I thought by myself that I would have nothing to loose there is a little chance of 0.1% of getting this offer. And I was also curious how this trick worked so I choosed the cheapest one and placed an order.
However it was too easy to loose the money only one false click and this false click could happen very fast. I was really afraid that I do accidentally this click or at least the seller would hack my account only just to do this click. I am getting too old for such risky things. I will not repeat this and I am feeling responsible to those who have lost their money even though I wrote at the beginning that this offer cannot be true.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
October 10, 2015 03:41PM
Even if aliexpress doesn't refund the money I would think the credit card company will it just will take longer.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
October 11, 2015 02:39PM
Any reason why the product was just not ordered through Paypal, which will refund fully if product is not delivered?
October 11, 2015 02:59PM
Ali-express doesn't take paypal.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 11, 2015 03:08PM
nophead
Ali-express doesn't take paypal.

It's up to the individual vendor as to what payment methods they accept. Some do indeed take PayPal, others take credit cards, while others take obscure (to me) methods such as overseas bank drafts.
October 11, 2015 05:10PM
I don't think that is true. The money doesn't go to the seller, it goes to AliExpress and they hold it in escrow. They only offer credit card payment to me.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
October 11, 2015 07:48PM
nophead
I don't think that is true. The money doesn't go to the seller, it goes to AliExpress and they hold it in escrow. They only offer credit card payment to me.

You're right that the money goes to Aliexpress and they hold it until the buyer says (or is tricked into saying) that he received the goods. The list of payment methods on the 'shipping and payment" page are those methods that Aliexpress guarantees (i use those words loosely as a disgruntled buyer) the purchase by. I know I've bought stuff in the past using PayPal but maybe Aliexpress has tightened up the methods of payment.
October 12, 2015 12:50AM
Aliexpress does not offer Paypal to me either. Only credit card, sofort banking , VISA and Giropay. from the other payment methods I never heard about it. My choose is not very wide and maybe this depends on the country where you live.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
October 26, 2015 05:59PM
Are any of the issues contained herein get solved?
In subsequent elmails I received no replies either.
Once received they consider themselves out of the picture.
October 26, 2015 10:53PM
After going round and round with Aliexpress, who was duped into giving MY money to the crook that owned the storefront, it was clear that they wanted nothing to do with paying for their poor software that allowed the seller to scam the system. I luckily have a credit card with USAA and they quickly refunded my money after I showed them some of the screen dumps and pdf files made from the strings of comments here as well as transcript of conversations with Aliexpress chats where they admitted that the seller was not to be trusted.

I'll still use Aliexpress, as I have done in the past many times, but won't be duped into closing the case without full refunds. Lesson learned even at this late stage in my life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login