Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to Rapid prototyping.

Posted by Vernichtung 
New to Rapid prototyping.
October 11, 2015 04:38AM
Hello guys and Gals,
As the title suggests I am new to RP / 3D printing. I purchased one of the Havit acrylic kits and so far am quite happy with it.... That is until just recently.

Recently the printer has developed two seemingly unrelated faults. The first and most serious a random under extrusion problem and the second the print appears to occasionally shift across the surface leaving clearly visible steps in the print. Please see 2 pictures below for visual explanation of the fault.

I believe the Underextrusion issue is related to the direct feeding of filament into the hot end, I came to this conclusion of building all number of devices to minimize the resistance (pulling) of the filament coming off the spool into the extruder without luck. I am assuming that a bowden style will help. Has anyone come across this problem? Am I on the right track?

As for the stepping I am guessing it has something to do with stability, I have screwed the printer down to the desk which had no effect. This is very intermittent which has left me frustrated trying everything to increase the structures rigidity..
Some print perfect,

Some not so much

So can anyone offer some experience, suggestions and or solutions?
I am in the process of acquiring all of the equipment to build a second 3D printer. This time I am thinking a box type with a build oven Ideally a variant of an I3.
Thank you kindly,
regards,
Johann

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 04:49AM by Vernichtung.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login