Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2004 LCD SD Card Problem Wont Print.

Posted by tpb0420 
2004 LCD SD Card Problem Wont Print.
December 03, 2015 08:54PM
So Im not Sure why I cant get a print to work coming from the LCD Controller. I uncommitted the sections listed in the wiki and also the sd card slot. The printer will start to home do the auto bed leveling command then stop and reset. The LCD then reads maker is ready and it says no SD card found. I have tried several different SD cards and formats. So Im not sure if its a firmware issue or a hardware issue. Im using repeater host and slicer engine. I have tried saving the file to the sd card and to the computer and moving it over. The printer Im using is Foldgertech 2020 I3. Im running an updated marlen that I edited and The LCD I bought from amazon. The Lcd blinks every now and then when printing from the computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tom
Re: 2004 LCD SD Card Problem Wont Print.
December 03, 2015 10:27PM
Does your auto bed leveling include a servo on an arm? Actuation of the servo may be drawing to much current from the 5v regulator on the arduino. The LCD also takes power from said regulator. Drawing too much current for long enough will probably reset the lcd.

Prusa i3 Rework - Ramps 1.4 - E3d Lite6 - Full Graphic LCD Controller
Re: 2004 LCD SD Card Problem Wont Print.
December 03, 2015 10:32PM
Yeah it is servo auto leveling. Any way around this I'm just waiting on my aluminum build bed to switch over to tramming.
That would make sense why it works when its connected to the usb on the computer even tho im printing from sd card.

Temp fix i just hooked the arduino to a usb wall plug.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 10:48PM by tpb0420.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login