Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nubee at this! HELP!!!

Posted by viper412 
Nubee at this! HELP!!!
December 11, 2015 07:55PM
Hi guys first I want to say thank you up front for any and all help you can give me. I picked up a kit from eBay that came with
Everything but nothing how to set it up as far as what software to use or drivers to install. So basically I have a 3D printer but have no clue how
To hook it up to my computer! Can you please help? The unit uses a Melzi 2.0 board and I an running Win10 with an i7 with 8 gigs of memory.
THANKS AGAIN AND HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Re: Nubee at this! HELP!!!
December 11, 2015 08:10PM
Here is the type of printer I got eBay number 272039768516 thanks again!
December 12, 2015 04:48PM
Did the company provide you with the firmware? Or did they say it is already on the board? If it is already flashed you should be able to plug the printer in and the lcd will power up and display text.

If it does not you need to download Marlin and set it up with this guide.

Next you need a slicer to take a 3d model and generate a tool path for the motors to follow. I prefer Cura. This creates gcode that can be read by the printer and used to print things.

If you have a lcd with a SD card just transfer the .gcode file to the SD and print from that. If it doesn't you will need a printer host. The most popular is probably this host.

Prusa i3 Rework - Ramps 1.4 - E3d Lite6 - Full Graphic LCD Controller
December 13, 2015 02:24PM
Hi first off thanks for the help, Yes I just found them on the SD card (nothing telling me that they were loaded on the card) I have included pictures of the file folders in order.
of how I would open them but what to do with them is the question. I also did plug in the printer as you advised and the LCD screen came on,
(see pictures) The hot bed and the Hot End started to heat as the temp went up on the screen and THE MAGIC BLUE SMOKE came from the board
and both stopped working. I contacted the vender and he is sending me out another board. I have also included a few pictures of the board, just so you can see what I am talking about,
but I'm sure you know what it
is. If you can make any recommendations about other parts to buy or if you need any other pictures or any info about the files you see, I will be more then happy to post them. But it sounds like what you told me above might be the way to go, I have looked all over the internet and it is like a big secret on how to set up any printer, and the Reprap wiki site reads like 1970 stereo instructions to a rookie that is just getting into 3D printing...LOL
Thanks again! for your time and any info. Wally
Attachments:
open | download - Files on sd card.jpg (49.7 KB)
open | download - driver files.jpg (29.4 KB)
open | download - Files under win10 file.jpg (63.3 KB)
open | download - IMG_0212.JPG (68.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_0211.JPG (113.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_0221.JPG (100.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_0225.JPG (105.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_0228.JPG (151.4 KB)
December 31, 2015 11:23PM
OK guys if you have read the other posts I had to order another board and it did not come with any firmware loaded I down loaded Marlin and Arduino and I also watched and followed Toms Guide on you tube to the letter but I have two problems one I can not get the Melzi folder to load in Arduino and I can not get Marlin to upload to the board I checked the port and that its connected to and that is correct. So how do I get this loaded to the new board or I'm I missing something? Or Where can I get a preloaded board or if some one can do it we can work out a deal! Because I have no clue! Thanks! I live in Belvidere,IL. 70 miles west of Chicago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2015 11:25PM by viper412.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login