Advanced

Melzi v2 board firmware

Posted by Scottjar 
Melzi v2 board firmware
January 06, 2016 06:42PM
Hi I've bought a prusa i3 from aliexpress from 3d star link below
[m.aliexpress.com]

It uses the mezli v2 board although it's marked as 3vb

It has lost it's firmware ie blocks on the LCD display. It turned on once to the correct screen an just blocks after that.
I've emailed the seller but the code they are sending me doesn't work. Also the instructions are terrible.
I'm after any advice you can give me as I'm getting constant errors with their firmware. They've sent me the same code three times now and my time for opening a dispute is running out.
Help I want to start playing with my Christmas present.
Thanks in advance
Scott
Re: Melzi v2 board firmware
January 07, 2016 10:52AM
Have you ever tried using marlin firmware with melzi board as the board type?
January 07, 2016 02:06PM
Yes thanks just found out how to get the code to work. But no led showing but the pc can see it as a com port. What do I do now. Is the boot loader lost somehow?
Thanks
Scott
January 08, 2016 06:44AM
Can you connect it directly using the pronterface and control the printer movement? If it does, means the board is okay with the correct settings (hopefully), I'm assuming you're using the 20 x 4 lcd controller.

This lcd often referred as 2004 lcd controller or reprap discount lcd controller. Uncomment the line stating reprap discount controller.

Also not to forget to copy some other settings from the seller like steps per mm, accel rate, pid values, thermistor type, and etc,

But not to copy all the config from the seller, it mostly won't compatible with the current marlin you use
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login