Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Guru i3 Printer Kit (Official Thread)

Posted by REPRAPGURU 
Re: RepRap Guru i3 Printer Kit (Official Thread)
July 28, 2019 02:03PM
WARNING
I purchased RepRapGuru's Pruas i3 V2 kit and assembled it, only to find it had a dead 5v regulator on the Arduino board(fairly common).
When contacting their customer support (it took MANY emails and phone calls before I even got one response), I was called back by what I now know is an ex-employee of theirs who is scamming people by "selling" bogus non-existent "upgrade" parts. I've now lost $148 due to this scam. After many unanswered emails, Reprapguru finally got back to me and admitted that this employee was fired in March of 2019 for doing his own customer support after hours. Apparently Reprapguru didn't even change their voicemail password because this employee "Dax" is STILL using their customer support voicemail to scam people into paying him via a PayPal. He's literally hijacking Reprapguru's customer support line to harvest suckers for his scam, all in Reprapguru's name. After payment, you find that his PayPal account leads to somewhere in the Philippines. When contacting Reprapguru again to sort this out, they have apparently ghosted me. 4 emails over 3 days now and I have yet to hear from them. So I'm beginning to think it's not an "ex-employee" at all, and that the whole company is scamming people.

I'm NOT the first person this has happened to! See for yourself. Go to reprap dot org forums > Prusa i3 and variants > RepRap Guru i3 Printer Kit (Official Thread) and look at page 6 at the very end a post by "boberts314". This scammer calls himself "Trey McCormick". Reprapguru refuses to do anything about it. No wonder they're bribing people with filament for 5 star reviews - they're putting a tourniquet to try to prop-up their otherwise lousy ratings!

So, to sum up, I'm out $148, with a $280 printer that's defective, and a company that refuses to do anything about my situation, and the ex-employee who's scamming people in Reprapguru's name. A very painful $428 lesson.

STAY AWAY! There are too many other reputable vendors to choose from.

I've returned this printer, and am posting this message on every community forum and online vendor I can find, in the hope of helping some other poor tinkerer from the same fate. Good luck makers!
August 18, 2019 08:54PM
I also have been contacted by that person offerings upgrade... But I did not take it....

I also have not been a leader to finish building the printer as the direction don't match the parts....

Can anyone tell .e how to build the exfruder, given the following pictures? I think I am missing a part to hold remodel onto the motor...again ... Please see the pictures... I have taken a picture of the parts and the assembed parts....
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20190818_202834.jpg (535.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_20190818_202819.jpg (527.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_20190818_202803.jpg (512.6 KB)
open | download - IMG_20190818_202741.jpg (561.9 KB)
open | download - IMG_20190818_202755.jpg (543.3 KB)
October 05, 2019 02:05PM
Hi everyone, i’m Brando.

I am setting up my Reprapguru printer, and am having trouble with an error that comes
up when i turn on my extruder.

The error is MINTEMP triggered, system stopped!
Heater_ID: 0

is this because i havent designated the heater?

All my axes work, bed heater works, extruder fan works, just not the nozzle.

Has any of you experienced this?
October 05, 2019 03:48PM
Source found. One of the thermaster wires was a cold solder.
October 18, 2019 11:54AM
FYI, the company's web site is completely gone as of last week or the week before. There are still some parts as well as some kits available on eBay. As most are aware, the parts are pretty generic and thus not hard to find.

Best,
Jerry
echo4golf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login