Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reviveing my i3 hephestos with the bq marlin firmware

Posted by da_reida 
reviveing my i3 hephestos with the bq marlin firmware
November 01, 2023 08:12AM
Hey, i hope you can help me here.

I got a i3 hephestos with a 1.4 marlin firmware on it - fine and it worked.
The previous owner gave me a "heatbed"-kit too.

I installed it correctly, downloaded https://github.com/teelinsan/Prusa-i3-Hephestos-Heated-bed this firmware, to get the heatbed running.
i always got connection timeouts, so i thought, try another firmware.

I found the bq Marlin firmware (https://github.com/bq/Marlin/tree/master) and tried to compile it but i got errors everywhere.

If i try to compile it under Linux & Mac, i got this error:
make: *** No rule to make target `bin/wiring.o', needed by `bin/Marlin.elf'.  Stop.

When i try it under Windows i get this one:
TemperatureManager.cpp: In member function 'void temp::TemperatureManager::init()':
TemperatureManager.cpp:112:39: error: 'temptable_99' was not declared in this scope
   short (*tt)[][2] = (short (*)[][2]) temptable_99;
                                       ^
TemperatureManager.cpp: In member function 'void temp::TemperatureManager::updateLUTCache()':
TemperatureManager.cpp:189:39: error: 'temptable_99' was not declared in this scope
                                       ^
make: *** [bin/TemperatureManager.o] Fehler 1
"  CXX   TemperatureManager.cpp"
TemperatureManager.cpp: In member function 'void temp::TemperatureManager::init()':
TemperatureManager.cpp:112:39: error: 'temptable_99' was not declared in this scope
                                       ^
TemperatureManager.cpp: In member function 'void temp::TemperatureManager::updateLUTCache()':
TemperatureManager.cpp:189:39: error: 'temptable_99' was not declared in this scope
                                       ^
make: *** [bin/TemperatureManager.o] Fehler 1

I set the sensors right in the config files (instead of the 99 --> 1), because this ones are build in.
I tried to include the "thermistortables.h" in the TemperatureManager.cpp", but it did not work.

Please help me.
Re: reviveing my i3 hephestos with the bq marlin firmware
November 01, 2023 08:33AM
Dont use random code you found on the internet that probably didn't work in the first place

Use real Marlin

marlin 2.1.2.1 release source

Config files for bq i3 hephestos

All Examples config file download link

Just Copy the Config files for your printer over the default Config files that Marlin comes with

all that is required to add a heated bed is find #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 0 In Configuration.h and change the number to a valid thermistor table value, ie 1

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2023 08:39AM by Dust.
Re: reviveing my i3 hephestos with the bq marlin firmware
November 01, 2023 06:19PM
Thank you, really much (Y)
it is finally working.

The only things, that is weird for me is that it does not go home when it starts to warm up the extruder, but thats something, i can correct over the gcode in the slicer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login