Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Fisher build

Posted by daprigoo 
My Fisher build
September 27, 2015 02:21AM
Successfully completed the build, commissioning and first print yesterday without a hitch thanks to the advice and comments in this forum. It's a nice kit and goes together quite well.

My Fisher is mostly a stock build with a few mods.
- Use of flanged 623zz bearings for the belts
- A spinner bracket for the filament spool on top of the machine

I borrowed the idea of the spinner mount from bgkdavis but rather than print the ball race (having no spare 1/2 in balls) I bought a 100mm lazy susan bearing for £3 and designed a bracket to hold the spool.

The first print before any tuning, tightening of rods etc came out very well;

Compared to my TVRRUG Prusa Mendel this delta is half the footprint and twice as fast.

David
Re: My Fisher build
September 27, 2015 03:02AM
looks good, you may want to move your spool holder further from the extruder motor towards the opposite apex, they don't work so well when mounted at the centre

If you look at my first vid here [www.thingiverse.com] you can see the location where I find it works best

your first layer looks a little close to the bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 03:03AM by bgkdavis.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Re: My Fisher build
September 27, 2015 09:13AM
thanks for the tips, I'll bear them in mind. I'm using this machine to experiment with prior to building more for use in workshops and educational demos so it's going to end up with screw hole and whatnot all over the place.

Your adaptable spool holder looks very neat.

I'm still getting to grips with the operation of this machine compared to the Prusa, having got it to print something my next step is to go through DC42's calibration process.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login