Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin dual extruders, dual heaters setup help on MKS GEN 1.4

Posted by ovisopa 
Marlin dual extruders, dual heaters setup help on MKS GEN 1.4
January 24, 2019 03:36PM
Hello everyone,

after printing parts in the last 2 -3 weeks with the single nozzle setup, I wanted to upgrade to a dual nozzle, I really want to use PVA filament ofr the support, so I don;t need to clean parts, and also to have the parts that use supports much clean looking.

I made my dual extruder head, mountedit on the printer and setup the marlin config file as I learned, the screen shows the temperature of both extruders correctly, also of the bed, but when I try to preheat the nozzles, either both at once, ore one by one, nothing happens. I tried from OctoPrint but also tried directly from the LCD module. It sets the target temperature to 180 but the actual temperature doesn't rise, and after ~20 seconds the error shows up. If I keep my hand on the nozzle block, the temperature is rising so the sensor works correctly.

From my previous setup I modified those values in configuraton.h file :

#define EXTRUDERS 2

#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 1

#define DISTINCT_E_FACTORS

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   { 256, 256, 800, 240, 400 }

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          { 200, 200, 30, 25, 25 }

#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      { 1600, 1600, 100, 10000, 10000 }

// VOLCANO SINGLE NOZZLE, 3D touch probe mounted on hole #4 (bottom to top) 
/* 
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -16  // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 65  // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1   // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]
*/

// DUAL NOZZLE, small heater block, 3D touch probe mounted on hole #2 (bottom to top)  

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -10  // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 65  // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1   // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]

Anyone around to check my files, or point me in the right direction, what else I might need to change ? When I used a single nozzle head, I used the Heater 1 mosfet to power the Part Cooling Fan, now I want to move that fan on a H bridge module L9110S and connect it to a free servo pins to feed that module a PWM signal. Now I use D11 servo header on the 3D touch probe, I want to setup D6 as the pin for the part cooling fan. Any help with this part too, is appreciated.

UPDATE. I will change now #define FANMUX0_PIN 7 from 7 to 6 to see if this solves my problem, I think it will .. I forgot about this option grinning smiley

UPDATE 2: SOLVED Nobody told me that I actually need to plug the 3D printer to mains, to have the heaters working grinning smiley .. The printer was connected to OctoPrint, and the LCD was turned on, I didn't tried to move any axes, my first test after flashing the modified firmware, was to turn on the heaters, as the temperature sensors ware working, but I forgot to plug the printer to 220v ..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2019 03:50PM by ovisopa.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (70.8 KB)
open | download - pins_MKS_GEN_13.h (3.7 KB)
open | download - pins_RAMPS.h (15.3 KB)
Re: Marlin dual extruders, dual heaters setup help on MKS GEN 1.4
February 11, 2019 05:00PM
Don't worry. I think you helped me figure out my problem. I couldn't set a E0 and E1 steps per mm and was getting an error. I got a couple of wise cracks about posting in the wrong place but no help. I am not sure what DISTINCT_E_FACTORS does, but mine is commented out. I am going to uncomment it to see if that helps. Thanks for your help.

KPD

hictop prusa i3
Cubex converted to Rumba
MKS Rumba+ with MKS TFT35 300mmx950mm bed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 05:01PM by kpdelucia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login