Marlin dual extruders, dual heaters setup help on MKS GEN 1.4
January 24, 2019 03:36PM
Hello everyone,

after printing parts in the last 2 -3 weeks with the single nozzle setup, I wanted to upgrade to a dual nozzle, I really want to use PVA filament ofr the support, so I don;t need to clean parts, and also to have the parts that use supports much clean looking.

I made my dual extruder head, mountedit on the printer and setup the marlin config file as I learned, the screen shows the temperature of both extruders correctly, also of the bed, but when I try to preheat the nozzles, either both at once, ore one by one, nothing happens. I tried from OctoPrint but also tried directly from the LCD module. It sets the target temperature to 180 but the actual temperature doesn't rise, and after ~20 seconds the error shows up. If I keep my hand on the nozzle block, the temperature is rising so the sensor works correctly.

From my previous setup I modified those values in configuraton.h file :

#define EXTRUDERS 2

#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 1

#define DISTINCT_E_FACTORS

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   { 256, 256, 800, 240, 400 }

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          { 200, 200, 30, 25, 25 }

#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      { 1600, 1600, 100, 10000, 10000 }

// VOLCANO SINGLE NOZZLE, 3D touch probe mounted on hole #4 (bottom to top) 
/* 
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -16  // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 65  // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1   // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]
*/

// DUAL NOZZLE, small heater block, 3D touch probe mounted on hole #2 (bottom to top)  

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -10  // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 65  // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1   // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]

Anyone around to check my files, or point me in the right direction, what else I might need to change ? When I used a single nozzle head, I used the Heater 1 mosfet to power the Part Cooling Fan, now I want to move that fan on a H bridge module L9110S and connect it to a free servo pins to feed that module a PWM signal. Now I use D11 servo header on the 3D touch probe, I want to setup D6 as the pin for the part cooling fan. Any help with this part too, is appreciated.

UPDATE. I will change now #define FANMUX0_PIN 7 from 7 to 6 to see if this solves my problem, I think it will .. I forgot about this option grinning smiley

UPDATE 2: SOLVED Nobody told me that I actually need to plug the 3D printer to mains, to have the heaters working grinning smiley .. The printer was connected to OctoPrint, and the LCD was turned on, I didn't tried to move any axes, my first test after flashing the modified firmware, was to turn on the heaters, as the temperature sensors ware working, but I forgot to plug the printer to 220v ..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2019 03:50PM by ovisopa.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (70.8 KB)
open | download - pins_MKS_GEN_13.h (3.7 KB)
open | download - pins_RAMPS.h (15.3 KB)
Re: Marlin dual extruders, dual heaters setup help on MKS GEN 1.4
February 11, 2019 05:00PM
Don't worry. I think you helped me figure out my problem. I couldn't set a E0 and E1 steps per mm and was getting an error. I got a couple of wise cracks about posting in the wrong place but no help. I am not sure what DISTINCT_E_FACTORS does, but mine is commented out. I am going to uncomment it to see if that helps. Thanks for your help.

KPD

hictop prusa i3
Cubex converted to Rumba
MKS Rumba+ with MKS TFT35 300mmx950mm bed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 05:01PM by kpdelucia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login