Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BL Touch Issue

Posted by TonyM4119 
BL Touch Issue
April 13, 2022 08:53AM
Ok so here is my issue I have an ender 3 with a BTT octopus v1 board with TMC2209 drivers and a BL Touch. I cant get the BL Touch working correctly I have tried all I can think of. Sometimes it will work but most times it wont. I go to home the printer and it will home x and y then move to home z but then the probe just goes in and out a bunch of time until finally it stops and gives me this error in octoprint "Recv: Error:!! STOP called because of BL Touch error - restart with M999 Changing monitoring state from "Operational" to "Error".. and on when I home from the screen in gives me M112 shutdown. I'm lost and don't no where else to look for help. If anyone has any ideas that would be great thanks in advance
Re: BL Touch Issue
April 13, 2022 05:53PM
Make sure your BLTouch is setup for the voltage that you're supplying to it.

BTT octopus is a great series of boards. Most run at 180MHz but one runs at 168MHz. Maybe you've selected the wrong board in configuration.h.

If you want to play directly with the BLTouch then the following commands will be us interest (partial list):
M280 S10 - deploy probe (down)
M280 S60 - M119 mode
M280 S90 - stow probe (up)
M280 S120 - test probe (deploys and stows multiple times and then stops)
M280 S160 - reset (clears blinking red LED and M119 mode)

You can play with the S parameters to see where things are stable and where they get intermittent.

M119 mode allows you to use M119 to see if the BLTouch has been triggered.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login