Marlin RC8 AUTO BED LEVELING BILINEAR
December 22, 2016 04:42AM
Hi,

just a quick question 'cause I am not sure about this feature.
Is it possible to save the mesh data to eeprom - like in the UBL version of Marlin?

Marlin wiki says it throws the data away - but there is no reference to the RC. So does it on RC8 or does it not?

Form "Mesh Bed Leveling" on the Github page
The probed points will also be saved in the EEPROM if it has been enables. Otherwise a new probe sequence needs to be made next time the printer has been turned on.

So it does store the mesh data for the manual probing but not for auto?

Sorry guys I am completely lost on this storage or not.
If someone can point me to a site to read more about the current state of RC and wiki entries I am happy to read them

Cheers
Axel

Prusa i3 Advanced Laser Cut / Marlin 1.1.0-RC8 / BLTouch / Pertinax Print Bed /
E3D V6 3mm - 0.4mm Nozzle / Titan Extruder with NEMA 17 Pancake Stepper
Re: Marlin RC8 AUTO BED LEVELING BILINEAR
December 22, 2016 04:58PM
Hello Axel,
I've found that if you enable EEPROM usage in the configuration file and issue a m500 command after you have your leveling points, that it does indeed save your points.

Cheers-

Scott
December 28, 2016 08:08AM
Hey mate I've had similar issues with this as well, I've found it hard to setup and the gcodes don't seem to respond correctly either, I abandoned the auto bilinear leveling and just stuck with manual mesh leveling and that works perfectly. It stores correctly and you only have to do it once, and use M420 S1 in your starting gcode to activate it each time. Plus it's very easy to adjust individual points to get a perfect mesh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2016 08:10AM by gavatron3000.
December 29, 2016 05:07PM
gavatron3000
Hey mate I've had similar issues with this as well, I've found it hard to setup and the gcodes don't seem to respond correctly either, I abandoned the auto bilinear leveling and just stuck with manual mesh leveling and that works perfectly. It stores correctly and you only have to do it once, and use M420 S1 in your starting gcode to activate it each time. Plus it's very easy to adjust individual points to get a perfect mesh

Hi gavatron,
How exactly do you adjust the individual points after you've gone through the whole leveling procedure? I've been doing it with a G29 S3 xn yn zn command, which is a bit of a pain. Is there a way to edit one individual point through the lcd screen without having to do the whole thing over again?
December 29, 2016 06:24PM
Scott1326
gavatron3000

Hi gavatron,
How exactly do you adjust the individual points after you've gone through the whole leveling procedure? I've been doing it with a G29 S3 xn yn zn command, which is a bit of a pain. Is there a way to edit one individual point through the lcd screen without having to do the whole thing over again?

You might want to give the Marlin UBL branch a try. The Mesh Validation and Editing make it very simple to fine tune a mesh and get it perfect.
December 29, 2016 07:53PM
Hello Roxy,
I have tried Marlin UBL, and as a matter of fact, you've replied to some of my questions on github (you may recall that the xy probe positions were off on my setup). I still find it somewhat difficult to use, and occasionally, it has caused some strange behavior on my printer. I'm hoping to return to it when it is a bit more mature and tested.
December 30, 2016 08:52AM
Scott1326
gavatron3000

Hi gavatron,

Yes thats the way i did the editing.....i also made a spreadsheet with the mesh so if i lose it i can just type it back in, its done once then you dont need to worry about it which is fantastic. i was going to write a batch file to get the mesh from excel data and export in gcode format so i can just dump it into the terminal of octoprint
December 30, 2016 01:43PM
Scott1326
Hello Roxy,
I have tried Marlin UBL, and as a matter of fact, you've replied to some of my questions on github (you may recall that the xy probe positions were off on my setup). I still find it somewhat difficult to use, and occasionally, it has caused some strange behavior on my printer. I'm hoping to return to it when it is a bit more mature and tested.

I'm in the process of moving it over to an RC-8 foundation. When that is complete, any bugs that have been fixed during RC-7 will also be fixed in the UBL code base too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login