Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

H-Bot questions for new printer

Posted by StlLooking 
H-Bot questions for new printer
October 26, 2018 11:00AM
Hi All, part way through designing and building a new H-Bot style printer (less complicated belt(s) than CoreXY) and going to use Marlin, of course. I have the frame set up, coner mounts fro motors and idlers and X-Y axis moving by hand.

Question 1:
Just thinking about mounting the X and Y Home-end-stops at the same corner of the frame (fewer moving wires) and always have Marlin Home the Y first, then the X.

My A6 always Raises Z a little, Homes X, Homes Y and finally Homes Z. All very nice and orderly. I'd like,
Lower Z a little.
Home Y
Home X
Home Z
Is this something I can easily configure? How and roughly where, in configuration.h?

Question 2:
I can't seem to find anything directly related to wiring up and configuring for the H-Bot. Marlin has several options for CoreXY and I have read that I am to use the CoreXY settings.

//#define COREXY
//#define COREXZ
//#define COREYZ
//#define COREYX
//#define COREZX
//#define COREZY

But, that doesn't seem to ring true as the H-Bot, I think has different motor motions to achieve the head positioning. Can someone either explain what I need to do with Marlin Settings and wiring, or, point me at some pages that describe the settings for H-Bot in greater detail.

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login