Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change Bed Z Step Size

Posted by Lukrative 
Change Bed Z Step Size
November 03, 2018 03:53PM
I'm using Marlin 1.1.8, and I have recently started using the manual mesh bed leveling option. It has improved my first layers a lot, but it's a little unwieldy.

In the LCD menu, you can adjust the heights of all the probed points up or down by the same amount using the "Bed Z" option found under Prepare > Bed Leveling > Bed Z. The step size is currently 0.001 mm, which means that on my LCD I have to hold the down the up button for a minute or so to increase the distance from the bed to the nozzle by 0.1 mm. I would like to change this step size to 0.02 or something just so that I can adjust the bed z faster, but I am having a lot of trouble finding where this step size is defined in the firmware.

Where can I find this value to change it?

Thanks everyone!
Re: Change Bed Z Step Size
November 03, 2018 09:05PM
Lukrative

In the LCD menu, you can adjust the heights of all the probed points up or down by the same amount using the "Bed Z" option found under Prepare > Bed Leveling > Bed Z.

Where can I find this value to change it?

I believe what you are looking for is in " configuration.h "

#define LCD_BED_LEVELING

#if ENABLED(LCD_BED_LEVELING)
  #define MBL_Z_STEP 0.025    // Step size while manually probing Z axis.
  #define LCD_PROBE_Z_RANGE 4 // Z Range centered on Z_MIN_POS for LCD Z adjustment
#endif

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 09:07PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
November 06, 2018 10:48AM
Yes, I saw that, but unfortunately this is slightly different. This value changes the distance that the x-axis carriage moves up and down per button press while you are probing points in the mesh. It doesn't actually change the distance that it moves up and down per button press afterward, when you are adjusting the bed height.
November 06, 2018 02:21PM
Well then, I don't have any ideal at this time.
Will see what can be found.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login