Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M140 Heating Bed AND Extruder

Posted by Trachsou 
M140 Heating Bed AND Extruder
November 28, 2018 03:45AM
Hello every body,

I've struggled for a while now with this problem. I decided to upload the latest Marlin firmware and did all the changes. Every thing works fine except heating up the extruder. When I send M104 nothing happens (thermistor is reading correct room temperature). But when I send M140 RAMPS start to heat the bed AND the extruder... So I uploaded the old firmware thinking of a hardware problem, but it works fine with the old firmware. Does somebody have an idea what is the problem?

Thank you

Trachsou
Re: M140 Heating Bed AND Extruder
November 28, 2018 04:05AM
since you have provided virtually no information

My guess is don't use arduino 1.8.6, its buggy as...
November 28, 2018 04:29AM
Thank you for your suggestion but I'm using Arduino IDE 1.6.7

Old Marlin version 1.0.2

New Marlin version 1.1.9
Board Ramps 1.4 EFB

Tell what more information you need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 04:30AM by Trachsou.
November 28, 2018 05:32AM
your configuration.h and configuration_adv.h would be nice. So we can try our build environments and see if we can replicate.

I presume both mosfet leds come on?

Did you edit any other files, pins_ramps for eg?
November 28, 2018 06:33AM
Thank you for your answer,

Here are my current Marlin configuration files : [github.com]
And here the old ones : [github.com]

Only the led for heatbed is turning on when i do M140 and no led when M104.

No I didn't edit any other file but I checked if the pin.h was the same as in my older working Marlin version, an as far as I see it is.

I also re downloaded Marlin and only updated thermistor settings (so only the basics) but nothing changes.

I really apreciate your help!
November 28, 2018 06:43AM
"Only the led for heatbed is turning on when i do M140"

can't see how that is possible... unless the hotend led is dead..

each mosfet has a led across the output... if the mosfet is on the led must be on...

The other possibility is you don't have 12v on the 12v 5amp plug, that would keep the hotend led off, but then there is no way to heat up the hot end.

currently trying to replicate... compiled, uploaded... just looking for my spare 12v power supply....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 08:10AM by Dust.
November 28, 2018 08:25AM
Hey I found the solution!

I didn't thought off looking at the leds before you talked about them. So I realized the hotend was actually heating when I give the command M104 but shut's down after a very short time because the themistor wasn't reading any temp. changing. I was thinking it was heating with the bed because it was a bit hot and the thermistor was reading a temperature increase. In my old firmware I had the extruded thermistor in T1 and in the new fw it is in T0. Until now i don't know why T0 was reading a temperature increase when the bed was heating. So know I changed pin.h to invert T1 and T0 and now everything works fine.
Sorry for my bad observation but you gave me the key to find the problem! Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login