Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vibration on X and Y EasyConfig 2.0.X Tevo Tarantula

Posted by paulorfo 
Vibration on X and Y EasyConfig 2.0.X Tevo Tarantula
October 29, 2019 09:58AM
Hi, I have a Tevo Tarantula, was using EasyConfig 1.0.X, so far so good.
Flashed the 2.0.X using Arduino 1.8.10.
The printer vibrates while printing curves. Tried the official Marlin BugFix 2.0.X version after optimize it to work on my printer.
Same thing happens, but it also slows down printing straight lines and it ends up with some "columns". I used the same Gcode for all my tests.
I played with jerk and acceleration.
Also flashed EasyConfig 2.0.x using older arduino versions and I'm having the same issue.
Inspected thoroughly the printer for broken brackets, lose screws, damaged belts, stepper motor current, etc.
Reflashed 1.0.X and it's working perfectly.

Jerk X/Y = 7
Acceleration = 800

Any idea??
Thanks.

UPDATE: Researching a bit more I found this (https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/15692)
I checked the firmware and on the "BUGFIX" version the linear advance K is set at 0.22
On "EASYCONFIG" it's 0... That might be the reason why the printer vibrates on curves AND straight lines using BUGFIX and only vibrates on curves when using EASYCONFIG
Still trying to fix the curve issue...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2019 03:51PM by paulorfo.
Re: Vibration on X and Y EasyConfig 2.0.X Tevo Tarantula
November 09, 2019 09:27PM
For those looking for an answer, I noticed I was getting the following message "Low memory available, stability problems may occur" when compiling the sketch.
I tried to comment everything related with LINEAR ADVANCE on "Configuration_adv.h", just because I'm not using this function.
It freed some memory and now I don't get this error any more and the nozzle is moving smoothly as it should.
So apparently, it was an instability cause by low memory available.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login