Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X axis not centering on bed

Posted by TerryD15 
X axis not centering on bed
February 14, 2020 02:59AM
Hi,

Some years ago I built and successfully used a 3d printer based on the Reprap i3 Mendel with ramps 1.4 and now with Marlin 2.0.x firmware and bed levelling with inductive probe. The X axis homes on the left and Y to the front. When homed the hotend nozzle is 35 mm to the left of the side of the bed. The bed is set to a size of 200 x 200.

My problem is that the nozzle does not centre on the X axis when using the centre command in Pronterface or when printing.

Previously I have offset prints using Slic3r but this is not satisfactory with large prints and I would like to set the offset of the x axis so that it will centre on the bed. I have tried various Mcode commands to add offsets but they do not seem to be consistent. All other settings in Marlin work well including the inductive probe offsets.

Could I ask how to solve my dilemma I'm sure that there must be a solution but I haven't found it yet despite much searching. I would be very grateful for any help you can offer.

TerryD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2020 03:06AM by TerryD15.
Re: X axis not centering on bed
February 14, 2020 03:56AM
set #define X_MIN_POS -35

then when you tell the printer g1 X0 it will move to the X0 position, and similarly X100 will be half way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login