Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BOARD_CHITU3D_V6 and LVGL_UI

Posted by snovotill 
BOARD_CHITU3D_V6 and LVGL_UI
October 21, 2020 02:46AM
I got Marlin running on my Tronxy XY-2 Pro Titan printer tonight, but it seems there are two choices in platform.ini
(1) chitu_v5_gpio_init
(2) chitu_f103
However my board is BOARD_CHITU3D_V6 which is silk screened with part number CXY-V6-191017

I have reversed engineered some of the PCB so I know which MCU pins go ALL of the connectors on the board, and I found info on the internet about which MCU pins go where on the stepper driver chips because this is similar to the X5SA for which I have a schematic.
UPDATE: I've attached a file containing the reverse engineered board info.

I'm thinking that a new config may need to be created for my board in Marlin. Can someone please comment on this, and does anyone want a copy of the information which I have compiled?

Second question. When I compile Marlin then it spits the following pedantic warnings. Should I ignore them or does this indicate a problem? The printer seems to work fine.
UPDATE: I had an error in my config file. Now it compiles without the warnings below.
C:\users\user\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoststm32-maple\STM32F1\libraries\STM32ADC\src\utility\util_adc.c:10:30: warning: 'adc_result' initialized and declared 'extern'
 extern volatile unsigned int adc_result = 0;
                              ^~~~~~~~~~
C:\users\user\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoststm32-maple\STM32F1\libraries\FreeRTOS701\utility\port.c: In function 'xPortStartScheduler':
C:\users\user\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoststm32-maple\STM32F1\libraries\FreeRTOS701\utility\port.c:178:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'systick_attach_callback' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  systick_attach_callback(&xPortSysTickHandler);
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At top level:
C:\users\user\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoststm32-maple\STM32F1\libraries\FreeRTOS701\utility\port.c:285:6: warning: 'prvSetupTimerInterrupt' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 void prvSetupTimerInterrupt( void )
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third question: I see there is an effort to move toward LVGL_UI libraries. I would like to try this in my build but I see this message in Configuration.h and I don't understand exactly what steps I'm supposed to perform and when.
// TFT LVGL UI                   //(dflt line not present)
// Using default MKS icons and fonts from: [git.io]  //(dflt line not present)
// Just copy the 'assets' folder from the build directory to the //(dflt line not present)
// root of your SD card, together with the compiled firmware.    //(dflt line not present)

Last question: It seems that when using LVGL_UI it becomes necessary to make some other changes in Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h so I wonder if someone could point me to a place where this might be either discussed or documented. I'm assuming that this reprap forum is the best place to be asking these questions.

...with appreciation.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2020 02:10AM by snovotill.
Attachments:
open | download - XY-2Pro-Titan CXY-V6-19107.html (77.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login