Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Compiling Latest Version

Posted by bingston 
Help Compiling Latest Version
May 19, 2021 05:03PM
So, I've had a successful build of previous versions of Marlin - my last was 2.0.7. I'd like to update to 2.0.8, but when I download the files I've noticed something different with the platformio file.

There are no default environments and dependencies like I saw on previous versions. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to follow a tutorial for the SKR Mini E3 v2 and the platformio file looks completely different.

I have a long list of cpp files, just like I did before, but I don't see any default environments or Feature Dependencies.

Can anyone shed any light on why? I'm new to this so it's very possible that I'm the problem, but I've having a difficult time following other tutorials because the platformio file looks so different and I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Re: Help Compiling Latest Version
May 19, 2021 05:39PM
Ultimately I'm trying to get Neopixels to work with the SKR Mini E3v2 and can't seem to figure it out
May 19, 2021 09:29PM
Platfomio.ini has been restructured.

Its all still there. just now it is in the ini directory, one file per platform
[github.com]
May 19, 2021 09:30PM
Great! Thanks for the info! I appreciate it
May 19, 2021 09:47PM
Do you happen to know where the feature dependencies are located now?

Nevermind, I found it. It's in features.ini in case anyone else needs it. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2021 09:52PM by bingston.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login